The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A perfect storm equals............

Alot of teams have won the Stanley Cup with average goalies, Detroit - Jimmy Howard ( Chris Osgood), Edmonton - Grant Fuhr, Boston - Gerry Cheevers, the list goes on and on. Dynasties are built with exceptional goalies! Now there are some teams that are in position to be contenders that havn't been before or havn't been there in awhile. So let's look at those teams for our goaltender solution.

A couple of points first. There is a glut of goaltenders, a CBA that does not favour our predicament, a lousy, over extended contract and age. Ok, maybe more than just a couple, but they are real, and will affect any Luongo trade. Sorry, that is what I believe!

On the other hand, and I say this with distain, trading Schneider could set us up to be favoured for years, IF and I say IF, the right trade is offered.

Look at the teams outside our Conference that have talent, prospects and would not have to change their core much to aquire Cory.

"IF" Florida would give up their 2013 first, Bjugstad and Mathais at the draft it would be worth it!

"IF" NYI would give up their 2013 first, Strome, and Reinhart at the draft, it would be worth it!

"IF" Phili would give up their 2013 first, Bryden Schenn, and their 2014 first, it would be worth it!

"IF" NJDevils would give up Adam Larsen and their 2013 first, it would be worth it!

Inside our conference..........Columbus's 3 20113- firsts Won't work, they got a young goalie.

No one else really............would not trade with Toronto if my pants were on fire!

If you don't want to trade Cory.........keep them both, or accept what ever we do with Lui, and what ever it is.....Buy out Lui, buy out Booth and Ballard or for late round picks.....accept it and blame Gillis for signing Lui to the Long term contract.

Something all CDC thought was a great idea at the time!

That only helps if teams are willing to offer a significantly greater return to get Schneider. Since we were shopping him last season and weren't getting the return we wanted, and Gillis was getting at least some calls on him this year, what makes you think teams will just pony up now when they hadn't before?

That only helps if teams are willing to offer a significantly greater return to get Schneider. Since we were shopping him last season and weren't getting the return we wanted, and Gillis was getting at least some calls on him this year, what makes you think teams will just pony up now when they hadn't before?

Oh sure, if a team was willing to pay our asking price for Schneider but we had no takers on Luongo on his asking price, then it'd absolutely an advantage and bring a better result. My point is no one is going to be willing to pay that much more for Schneider though, or at least very few will consider it. I don't think the difference in return will be significant enough that we move him over Luongo.

you underval

"IF" Florida would give up their 2013 first, Bjugstad and Mathais at the draft it would be worth it!

"IF" NYI would give up their 2013 first, Strome, and Reinhart at the draft, it would be worth it!

"IF" Phili would give up their 2013 first, Bryden Schenn, and their 2014 first, it would be worth it!

"IF" NJDevils would give up Adam Larsen and their 2013 first, it would be worth it!

If you don't want to trade Cory.........keep them both, or accept what ever we do with Lui, and what ever it is.....Buy out Lui, buy out Booth and Ballard or for late round picks.....accept it and blame Gillis for signing Lui to the Long term contract.

Archived