The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack is Back

RIP Ripper

Kassian needs to be much better than he is now for Vancouver to be able to produce some noise in the playoffs. He doesn't shoot, skate hard, go to the crease or hit in most games. More often than he should, Kassian plays a little bit of the twins in the offensive zone by overpasing the puck instead of shooting and Vancouver is in danger of giving up odd man rushes. Kassian also has problems in clearing the zone when he gets the puck at the side boards. It would be stupid for Kassian to think his fights would help this team as it would only aggregate his back problems. Kassian has to realize he has the size, speed and hands to be a top six forward on any team but right now, he is working hard on getting the enforcer job on the forth line.

Kassian has to skate hard, go to the crease, deliver punishing hits and most important of all, shoot more to stay in the NHL. Failing to do the above, Kassian will find himself in the AHL very soon.

I liked their game last night together, but once Kes gets in better shape I'm worried he's going to try and go beastmode and try and do everything himself again.

If he doesn't, then I agree Kass and Kes should work out well.

No I'm not psychic but everyone knows he has a huge ego. Hopefully some of it rubs off on Kass.

How can someone his size be so invisible!

I didn't like the trade when it happened and I REALLY don't like it now. I know Hodgson had to go, I get that. However, to give up a talent like Cody for the potential of Kassian? If he can't or wont play with desire at this stage in his career what is he going to be like in 5-6 years?

His stat line tonight:

Shots - 0

Hits - 0

In almost 14 minutes of ice time.

Could not be more disappointed with this guy.

Anyone complaining about Kass's game is a fool. After watching the game last night I saw a number of great passes/set up plays Kassian made which led to quite a few quality scoring chances. The second line needs this badly. Give it time and I'm sure it will click. Then people can put their foot in their mouths.

Also, its exactly the kind of situation Kassian needs to mature and grow. Playing with and against quality players will only push him to be better. So what if he wasn't running around dishing out checks against the Flames. I didn't see too many chances for Kassian to run through people, and from what I saw he was concentrating hard on playing hockey. Leave it at that.

Kid is gonna be stellar for the Canucks. Hodgson cry-babies need to take a nap.

Guys always have to find a way to criticize Hodgson in a Kassian topic. It's a 3-0 game and he gets a lot of ice time. So what?

On target for a 60+point (full year) season with a +1 on a terrible Buffalo team is pretty good. Get over it.

Kassian is playing fine, but appears to be confused about his role on the 2nd line. Give him some time, he'll figure it out. I think he is going to be very good during the playoffs.

Why don't people just come out and say it KASSIANS A BRICK OF A PLAYER and we got robbed of hodgson. We want a player that needs to come along NOW not later. Even if hodgson wanted to leave and everything the least Gillis could have done was got a proper return not a brick of a player in kassian who needs another 8 years to play at his peak and while WE wait for that kassian will spend his time partying at bars/clubs and not caring. This guy will not be a difference maker THIS YEAR guarnteed.

Why don't people just come out and say it KASSIANS A BRICK OF A PLAYER and we got robbed of hodgson. We want a player that needs to come along NOW not later. Even if hodgson wanted to leave and everything the least Gillis could have done was got a proper return not a brick of a player in kassian who needs another 8 years to play at his peak and while WE wait for that kassian will spend his time partying at bars/clubs and not caring. This guy will not be a difference maker THIS YEAR guarnteed.

I have sat in row 1 nearly every home game this year, and have watched how Zack plays away from the puck... I have a Kassian jersey and genuinely like the guy but he is so disinterested in playing any type of defence, its brutal. He just skates in circles lost as could be, until the puck is in the offensive zone then he just parks his ass in front of the net or when he does get a look he tries to much, and turns the puck over.

Zack is ALL potential right now and anybody that thinks he can consistently make an impact on this team is out to lunch. If he cleans up his act, and gets proper coaching, he will defiently be a force within the next 2 season. However if he keeps up the laziness and bad descions he will go down as a huge bust and likely end up a career AHLer.

Yeh theirs always that " if " or " when " but my opinion is based on what he has showed us so far and that's not going to cut it. How are we going to sit here and watch hodgson rip it up on another team and still accept what gillis is doing to help this team. I'm sorry but we need to see more from kassian I've seen younger players then him do twice as much as he has. He may not be the best player in the league and I don't blame him but kassian needs to step it up big time. HITS/SHOTS/INTENSITY

I say wait for the playoffs no one on our team seems to be hitting hard (fear of injuries?)it is almost playoffs and the nucks are all but guaranteed a spot.

Kassian seems to have Chemistry with several players on this team (esp Booth and Kesler even though it is a small sample size).. His AHL stats dropped off due to being on a pretty weak talent team.

I say he will be good not great in the last few games if he stays with Kesler.

And will be Great in the playoffs , would like to see Booth when healthy with Kes and Kass

Really, most of the time Higgins or Raymond get put on Kesler's line they seem to become invisible compared to how Higgins plays with Roy or Raymond plays with Schroeder, who are both pass first centers. It makes a difference.

Why else would it seem that no one on the team really has chemistry with Kesler and we've been looking for a linemate for him forever....

Now that we have Roy it's not as big of a deal that Kesler is a shoot first center, even AV has called out Kesler in the past for not passing enough.

You don't remember last season every time Kes got the puck he would take a shot into someones shin pads? Not sure what you're watching.. Although he's been better this season for passing so far, but it's only been a few games and he's not in game shape yet.

I just don't want him thinking he needs to carry the team on his back again and go back to that is all I'm saying, if he continues to play like last night then all should be fine.

Archived