The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Canucks are going deep and Chicago will get bounced, they have no chance.

GrooveC

The Canucks are only going to go deep if they play like they did last night every night. One piss poor game which they compiled many of this season can and probably will cost them a series.

And for the record, the Hawks didn't have Sharp; it's kinda like the Canucks missing Kesler. I guess that's the equivalent.

The chances our first round opponent will be St. Louis , San Jose , or LA are pretty good. I don't like any of those match ups. They are all big strong teams and if Canucks win they will probably be pretty beat up with some injured players. I don't think we're going to get too far these playoffs.

lol.. 1 good game against chicago that looked unmotivated and lost out there last night and we are going to win the SC... um if i recall the only reason we won the first and got a point in the second game against chicago was Luongo and Schnieder standing on their head.. LA were never consistent at all this year so i wouldn't drag about the wins against them.. and Anaheim.. they blew us out once and we blew them out once and all of a sudden they are no threat and we'll easily take them?

there's absolutely no sign this year that shows they'll all of a sudden turn it on and play with consistency thru out the playoff.. the only position that's been steady majority of the season is our goaltending.. but no goaltending alone won't win you a series.. they can win u maybe a few games..

I dont really think that being 'consistent' in the regular season has anything at all to do with the playoffs....The Canucks were the most consistent team last season,and look what happened...The Canucks will be consistent,and they will have to turn it on..it's 'Do Or Die'...There's no bigger motivation than that.

I don't get all the negativity & pessimism.

Basing the Canucks playoff chances on regular season performance this year is just wrong.

Most of this year the Canucks have been a 1 line team that had to grind out low scoring wins.

The fact that they still managed to win the division with the lineup they had to ice is pretty damn impressive.

That just isn't the same team they're going into the playoffs with.

We've really only had 1 game with our assumed top 2 lines all in the lineup at the same time & they looked pretty damn good in that 1 game.

Hopefully the Ebbet as 3C experiment is over & I'm sure at least 1 D will return soon & get Barker off the ice.

The play of those 2 recently has gone a long way in giving back all of the work the top 2 lines have done.

This year it's quite possible that Schneider will be the best goalie in the playoffs & do for us what Quick & Thomas have done against us the past 2 years.

The PP has sucked all year, but with the return of Kesler it's finally starting to produce like we expect it to.

There's a lot to be optimistic about. I really believe this team is capable of flipping that switch in the playoffs & playing with an intensity that will be hard to counter.

That's a really poor comparison. The Kings were pretty clearly one of the best teams in the regular season last year, especially after they acquired Carter. They just had bad luck in the regular season, and that's why they were only the 8th seed. Columbus, on the other hand, sucks. The only reason they're in the playoffs is because of a fluke performance from a mediocre goalie. Chicago will cream them.

Archived