The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which player would you say is under the most pressure to perform?

Canuckler87

Edler for sure this year. They have to decide whether he's worth being the highest paid dman in the dressing room. If he doesn't perform and beast like we know he can, he will be gone before his NTC kicks in.

Sedins next season will be under the microscope cuz it's the last year of their contracts. Will be a turning point for the team. Not this year though. They still have their contract and aren't under as much scrutiny. They have been pretty reliable for the most part. Just haven't won a cup yet.

I think Kassian will be under a lot of pressure from the fans. There's no chance that he gets moved if he doesn't perform like was being asked. But I get the feeling that a larger number of this fan base is just itching to turn on him. Hopefully not, considering his age. He's a lot younger than some people seem to realize when they criticize the guy.

I'd say Schneids. It's his year to be the starter in the playoffs, and both the fans and him expect to perform accordingly.

But I think my number one concern is for Kesler to play more like a hockey player, and less like a figure skater. I don't want to see any of that crap on the ice again, like last years series.

Keys: Schneids, Secondary Scoring, Tertiary Scoring

Alex Edler.

Single-handedly the biggest reason we beat Chicago and lost to L.A. This guy is a complete game-changer, for the right and wrong reasons. When he's on his game he is probably a top-5 NHL defenceman, when he's at his worst he's killing this team.

Signing a big contract, coming off a poor season, this guy better perform the way he did in 2011 or it's lights out for the Canucks and a trade should be imminent.

Everyone should feel the pressure but the following should feel it more

1 Schneider, has proven he can win in the regular season so has Luo, if he wants to become undisputed #1 he has to get the canucks well into the playoffs (not saying the final but at least the 2nd round maybe 3rd., Luo went to SCF, Last year they each lost two.

2. Any person who has an expiring contract

3. 1st line needs to step up and not rely on 2nd and 3rd line for scoring as much as in the past.

Archived