The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The future of the Vancouver Canucks pending another 1st round exit

six-0h-four-

Have Luongo, Raymond, Roy, Ballard, Booth, Malhotra, Edler and Barker move on in the offseason and fill in the spots with youth. Accept that the Canucks are no longer an elite team and hope to make the playoffs and go into the first rond in 7th or 8th. The Sedins deserve to retire Canucks if they choose but they should be given to option to go to a contender at the deadline next year if they want. I know they are only 32 but they are playing much older than that, they look like guys ready to move on to something else. It is looking like they will not win in Vancouver and giving them a chance to win somewhere else would make sense. And AV is a great coach but it is time to give someone else a chance in Vancouver.

I would trade Edler for a 2nd rd pick right now. His lack of G.A.F. on the PP is embarrassing...it shouldn't take an nhl D-man 15-20 seconds to retrieve the puck and start up the ice... Was watching the mon/ott game...their defensemen were doing it in 8-11 seconds... Get way more opportunities and tire the PK out that way. The coaching staff however is even more embarrassing for letting this to continually happen.

Just when I thought Raymond was turning into the player he was 3 years ago. He slips back into his perimeter playing ways. If we get swept AV and his AHL grinder Ebbett won't be back. We desperately need a game breaker. Steve Ott would look real good in a nuck uni right now. And it would have only cost us Connaughton and a draft pick last summer.

Archived