The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks need to hold hearing with refs

Matt_T83

I would find it far easier to buy the rougue ref theory than a conspiracy.If there is a pattern as being suggested here I would say it is worthy of taking up with the league.I dont want something like that in the game I love, not if it hurts or helps my team.

Refs making brutal biased calls against the Canucks is nothing new, watch game 7 of 94's SCF, it's unreal. Truth is, we got to the finals against all odds, and needed the TOP pk and TOP pp to do it. The league is a fraud and only a Canadian boycott will change things.

Yes my team won. In fact they beat the Canucks every single time they played them this season (7). It was not a good match up for your team just as last season the Blues were a terrible match up for the Sharks. If the Sharks draw the Hawks it will indeed be a tough series for the Sharks. I do not gloat over this series win. As a Sharks fan I have had my heart ripped out enough times to have empathy.But this is hockey and because we love our team it can be painful because we care so much. The pain will subside with the hope of a new season. You do have a good team and you will be back.All the best,Danville

That's not where I was going.

Just saying when you face a team like LA or Blues that play the same style we did, you won't get the calls anymore. The Wingles/Thornton/Couture flop show will get negative attention instead of celebrated against the dastardly evil Canucks and relying on ref love won't get you far against a real NHL darling. Trust us, we know about that.

I understand the point here. My team is near the end with three key players. 19 12 and 22 are all a bit long in the tooth. Years ago I let go of three items that use to really bother me.RefsPuck LuckInjuriesI am NOT saying these are not legit topics of discussion they just drove me crazy so I let them go.

So far as a Shark he has been a fantastic pick up. I just dont like guys that have a history of deliberate illegal injury to players. If my guy can take out star play A then your guy can take out my star player B and then we will be left with a bunch of goons who can barely skate out there. I dont want that. Good clean hit fine, I am all for it but the big run from behind on a defenseless opponent is not something any of us should want.

Stop blaming the officiating. It was fine this period. The refs showed they won't tolerate after the whistle stuff, hence the penalties to Weise and Wingels.

Everything else was fair. On the closing the hand no call, I saw him chuck it, but not close his hand on it. Then again, I didn't see a good replay of it.

Now I've heard everything. A hearing????? Why, because some tinfoil donning Canuck fans think the refs are out to get their team? Suck it up and quit whinning. We lost because we're not good enough....that's it. Jeez, with these posts, it's no wonder we're looked upon as a joke of a fan base.

Now I've heard everything. A hearing????? Why, because some tinfoil donning Canuck fans think the refs are out to get their team? Suck it up and quit whinning. We lost because we're not good enough....that's it. Jeez, with these posts, it's no wonder we're looked upon as a joke of a fan base.

Archived