The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCSF: (1) Chicago Blackhawks vs (7) Detroit Red Wings

Who will win the Series?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Only got to watch the third...what a dog's breakfast. Chicago played merely "ok" (at least that period) but Detroit looked absolutely dreadful, disinterested and like they'd never played together.

Is that really the same team that blew us out a couple times this year?! :shock:

Seriously that was one of the worst, most boring periods of playoff hockey I've seen.

Only got to watch the third...what a dog's breakfast. Chicago played merely "ok" (at least that period) but Detroit looked absolutely dreadful, disinterested and like they'd never played together.

Is that really the same team that blew us out a couple times this year?! :shock:

Seriously that was one of the worst, most boring periods of playoff hockey I've seen.

I wouldn't say the Canucks served the Blackhawks a reality check this season. Two of the three games went to a shootout with each team winning one. Sure, the Canucks beat the Blackhawks 3-1 at the end of the regular season but that was by far the worst effort Chicago displayed all year. Credit to the Canucks for winning that game, but Chicago was nowhere near close to their A game that night (they had nothing to play for). Anything is possible in the playoffs, but I don't see the Canucks beating Chicago 4 times in 7 games in the playoffs.

Unfortunately we won't see that series, which I think would have been a hell of a barnburner.

Chicago has built itself against the grain of the Western Conference - they're a no-hitter, outskate the opponent kind of team.

Vancouver is one team that can skate with them - and poses a more difficult matchup for them, imo than the majority of teams in the west.

It's hard to tell what the playoffs are now.

They change dramatically and situationally where the Canucks are concerned.

A few years ago the playoffs were a game where you could freely punch people in the face and lowbridge a Ted Lindsay without recourse.

This year the playoffs were the opposite - they were a game where the opponent could flop all over the place like a bunch of pansy soccer players and draw penalties every performance.

So I'm not too clear on what playoff hockey is anymore.

Imo, in a series where both teams are healthy and the ice is level, the Canucks have a good shot of knocking off anyone, Chicago and LA included. The KIngs imo need Wilie Mitchell to be truly dominant. Chicago brings out the hate in the Canucks - I would have loved to see a Chicago/Van series.

Archived