1157 replies to this topic

#211 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,523 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

I'm not really one to make up stuff, but w/e lol. I said it was.up to you guys to believe.

I see you still don't understand the Telephone Game...but yeah, I'll call BS.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#212 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

Any one have a Comets Jersey?

#213 JoGuitar

JoGuitar

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

I might get a number 3 Biega jersey just to screw with people.
Posted Image

#214 ShakyWalton

ShakyWalton

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

What happened to Mychan and Elliot,, thats alot of toughness to lose?

#215 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,010 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

Posted ImageUtica Comets@UticaComets15s

The @VanCanucks have assigned defenseman Adam Polasek to to Kalamazoo Wings.

#216 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

Posted ImageUtica Comets@UticaComets15s
The @VanCanucks have assigned defenseman Adam Polasek to to Kalamazoo Wings.

That doesn't bode well for Polasek. He didn't even get a preseason game with the Canucks either. Utica had 10 defensemen on their roster so somebody was getting sent down, but I don't know why Polasek has been shuffled down two levels so quickly over say, Negrin or Blain (who I believe were both injured recently as well).

Posted Image

3DS FC: 2664 3135 8148. Feel free to add me!

#217 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Isn't Mullen, Negrin and Blain still injured?

TBH I rather have Polasek get lots of ice time in Kalamazoo than sit in the pressbox buried by the depth. Its again another numbers game that has Polasek victimized by this.

Dont worry I think he will slowly play his way onto the Comets team.

2moy3iq.png

#218 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Isn't Mullen, Negrin and Blain still injured?

TBH I rather have Polasek get lots of ice time in Kalamazoo than sit in the pressbox buried by the depth. Its again another numbers game that has Polasek victimized by this.

Dont worry I think he will slowly play his way onto the Comets team.

I know for sure that Blain is still injured, not sure about the status of Negrin or Mullen. But if they were, it'd make sense to keep Polasek around as a healthy body and send Blain/Negrin/Mullen down for conditioning. I just found it odd that one-off signees like Mullen and Biega, or a tryout like Negrin got more of a look in Canucks camp than Polasek. He'll play for Utica at some point this year, but it's not a great start.

Posted Image

#219 The Nuckist

The Nuckist

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:04 AM

I hope Negrin has a good year. I went to high school with him and he has had a tough time with injuries since he was drafted. I bet he is stoked to be in the nucks system now after being drafted by the flames.
"There are a lot of selfless players on our roster ... I think, to a man, if you asked the guys, they would rather win a game 1-0 than lose a game and get a hat trick. That's the type of guys we have in our room and that's the type of player you need to be successful."
-- Kevin Bieksa

#220 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,523 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

Utica Comets ‏@UticaComets
The #Comets will be featured twice on NHL Network this year. Details: http://www.uticacome...hl-network/

The American Hockey League and Sportsnet, entering the third year of a five year relationship, announced today that Sportsnet will feature two Utica Comets game on the NHL Network in the United States, and Sportsnet 360 in Canada.

The two games featured on NHL Network will be:

• Sunday, Feb. 16 - Utica Comets at Toronto Marlies, 3 p.m.
  • Sunday, Apr. 6 - Utica Comets at Toronto Marlies, 3 p.m.
Sportsnet 360 will broadcast eight other AHL games featuring appearances by four top affiliates of NHL teams: the Hamilton Bulldogs (Montreal Canadiens), Oklahoma City Barons (Edmonton Oilers), Abbotsford Heat (Calgary Flames), and the Lake Erie Monsters (Colorado Avalanche).

In addition to the 10-game regular season package, Sportsnet will broadcast the two-day coverage of the 2014 AHL All-Star Classic as a team of American Hockey League All-Stars takes on the Swedish Hockey League’s Farjestad BK in a Skills Competition and All-Star Game in St. John’s, N.L., Feb. 11-12, both on Sportsnet ONE.

Edited by elvis15, 09 October 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#221 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,523 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

Utica Comets Season Preview

A new beginning.
For the first time since 1993, an American Hockey League team will call Utica, New York, home. The Vancouver Canucks AHL affiliate, the Utica Comets, are getting set to kick-off their inaugural season in the AHL as they travel to Rochester to take on the Americans on Friday night.

Canucks.com breaks down the Comets roster:

Forwards
Up front Darren Archibald, Ludwig Blomstrand, Alex Friesen, Alexandre Grenier, Nicklas Jensen, Kellan Lain and Alexandre Mallet are the Canucks forward prospects on the roster. They are joined by Brandon DeFazio, Benn Ferriero, Zach Hamill, Colin Stuart and Jeremy Welsh, who are all under contract with the Canucks, while David Pacan and Pascal Pelletier are under AHL contracts.

Defensemen
Peter Andersson, Jeremie Blain, Frank Corrado, Yann Sauve and Henrik Tommernes are all Canucks prospects that will be fighting for ice-time on a crowded Comets blue-line, which also includes Patrick Mullen and Alex Biega, who are under contract with the Canucks, and Sacha Guimond and John Negrin, who are both under AHL contracts.

Goaltenders
Canucks prospects Joacim Eriksson and Joe Cannata will be the goalie tandem between the barber poles for the Comets this season.

Five to watch

Darren Archibald
Of all the players that are making the move from the Chicago Wolves to the Comets, no player had more points with the Wolves last season then Archibald. The 6-foot-3, 212-pound power-forward scored 12 goals and 22 points in 55 games last season, however consistency is the key for the Newmarket, Ontario native, as six of his 12 goals came in his first 11 games, before going on a 19-game drought. If Archibald can consistently play with an edge, a 20-goal season shouldn’t be out of reach.

Alexander Mallet
Mallet had a strong showing with the Canucks at the 2013 Young Stars Classic in Penticton, but like Archibald, consistency is something he needs to show this season. The 6-foot-1, 203-pounder is at his best when he is crashing and banging, something we didn’t see enough of last season. If Mallet can consistently use his speed and size this season, look for a breakout season from the Amqui, Quebec native.

Nicklas Jensen
Jensen is looking to regain the form he had in the AHL during the 2011.12 season, where he netted six goals in eight games with the Wolves to end the year. After a successful tenure in the Swedish Hockey League last season, the 6-foot-3, 200-pounder could only muster two goals in 20 games upon his return to the Wolves. Now, with a full season of pro hockey under his belt, including two games with the Canucks, Jensen could be poised for a big season with the Comets, which could lead to a call-up to Vancouver at some point.

Frank Corrado
Corrado enters his first full season of professional hockey already with seven NHL games and nine AHL games under his belt. Most likely the first defenseman to get a call to Vancouver if the Canucks are in need of a blue-liner, the Woodbridge, Ontario native will be a solid two-way threat for the Comets this season. The 6-foot-1, 195-pounder will look to add some offense to his game to go along with his stellar defensive play.

Henrik Tommernes
Cool, calm and collected when patrolling the point on the power-play, Tommernes will be one of the Comets’ top scoring threats from the blue-line. It remains to be seen how the 23-year-old will adjust to his first season on smaller ice, especially in his own zone, but if the 2013 Young Stars Classic and the lone pre-season game he played with the Canucks are any indication, he will be just fine.

Close to home

You can catch the Comets up close and personal in Abbotsford on November 29th and 30th, January 24th and 25th, and March 14th and 15th when they come to town to take on the Heat.

#222 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,426 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

I'm not really one to make up stuff, but w/e lol. I said it was.up to you guys to believe.

I thought it was a lovely story

#223 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

I thought it was a lovely story

I thought it was a cool story.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#224 Cold Hard Truth

Cold Hard Truth

Comets Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

just go to the end of this to see Archibald feed / TKO the Rochester player

<p>"If you can't beat them in the alley , you won't beat them on the ice." ~ Conn Smythe

#225 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfmW0EuHfMo

damn, Archie can really throw them.

Posted Image

#226 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,010 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:58 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfmW0EuHfMo

archie was always great at tossing them, glad to see he still has that part of his game.

also: they really are trying to make the mascot reveal like a viral type of marketing.

#227 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

also: they really are trying to make the mascot reveal like a viral type of marketing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac2Kz3PrEGg

Pretty clever actually. That was well played.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#228 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,523 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

damn, Archie can really throw them.

archie was always great at tossing them, glad to see he still has that part of his game.

Granted, he was doing that against a guy who's 6'1" and 204. Jacobs has fought a bit in the WHL but Archie should beat a guy like that. If he can hold his own against guys his size or larger, I think he contributes enough with the rest of his game that he'll be a useful bottom 6 player.

On another note though, those highlights had us with some chances and then Rochester got some breaks. Hopefully those are little things Utica can correct as they come together as a team and we start winning games.

#229 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,010 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

Two Comets Headed to the ECHL
By Mark Caswell Jr.
Updated: October 18, 2013
Posted Image

Utica Comets Director of Hockey Operations Pat Conacher announced that the Vancouver Canucks have reassigned defenseman Jeremie Blain to the Canucks ECHL affiliate, the Kalamazoo Wings. In addition, the Comets have also announced that they have assigned forward David Pacan to Kalamazoo as well.
Blain, 21, split the 2012-13 season with the AHL Chicago Wolves and ECHL Idaho Steelheads. The 6'2";, 192 lbs. defenseman registered four assists and 40 penalty minutes with the Wolves. In 47 games with the Steelheads, he collected 31 points (7-24-31) to rank second among defensemen on the team in scoring.
The Longueuil, QC, native was originally selected by Edmonton in the fourth round (#91 overall) in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
Pacan, 22, has appeared in both Comets games in the 2013-14 season without registering a point. He split the 2012-13 season with the American Hockey League's San Antonio Rampage and the ECHL's Cincinnati Cyclones. In nine AHL games, he posted two assists and 11 penalty minutes. The Ottawa, Ontario native finished tied for the Cyclones lead in assists (38) and finished second in points (52). Pacan registered 14 goals in 57 ECHL games on his way to being named to the ECHL's All-Rookie Team.
The 6'3"; 205 lb. right winger was selected by the Chicago Blackhawks in the sixth round (177nd overall) in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.

#230 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

Will we see Guimond in now?

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#231 UticaHockey

UticaHockey

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

Will we see Guimond in now?

I'd like to see him get a chance but they started the season with so many D-Men on the roster.

#232 Cold Hard Truth

Cold Hard Truth

Comets Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

How is Kellan Lain looking out there so far ?

thought he looked decent in preseason.

wouldnt mind seeing him on Van's 4th line.
<p>"If you can't beat them in the alley , you won't beat them on the ice." ~ Conn Smythe

#233 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,752 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

Really disappointed in Eriksson's play so far. 4.08 GAA and an .852 SV%...

He's really struggling. It may be his poor D coverage, but it's not looking like he'll be NHL ready any time soon.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#234 UticaHockey

UticaHockey

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

Really disappointed in Eriksson's play so far. 4.08 GAA and an .852 SV%...

He's really struggling. It may be his poor D coverage, but it's not looking like he'll be NHL ready any time soon.

It's only been 3 games but neither goalie has played well. Cannata let up 2 real bad goals in the first game.

#235 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Grenier with a big night. I see it went unnoticed that Dalpe is now with the Comets, and we've brought up Welsh with Schroeder injured.

I'd like to see what Grenier could do with a full season down there, I don't want his development impeded by call ups.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#236 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,198 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

Wow, Grenier has 5 points in 3 games and is somehow a +5 on a team that has been getting dominated. Huge body and a right handed shot, wouldn't mind bringing him up to the big league for a stint.
Posted Image

#237 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

how is corrado playing??

#238 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,523 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

Wow, Grenier has 5 points in 3 games and is somehow a +5 on a team that has been getting dominated. Huge body and a right handed shot, wouldn't mind bringing him up to the big league for a stint.

He's a ways from being effective in the NHL. He is a late bloomer who could use the development time to get his abilities in line with his size and raw talent. I doubt he makes it up before others like Jensen, Archibald, Blomstrand, etc. until he's developed more.

#239 Utica Fan

Utica Fan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

I might get a number 3 Biega jersey just to screw with people.

I got to meet Biega personally, the other day. Down to earth kid. He was very friendly and sociable. He was more than happy to sign an autograph for my son. He was very happy to see the fans in Utica coming out to support this new team.

America, home of the free(loader). Working hard to support those who don't want to.

#240 Utica Fan

Utica Fan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

apparently they are a cheerleading/dance team... not ice girls. no skating required, I guess.

no pics of the girls that made the cut yet, though i'm guessing those are coming.

Yet another way of our community getting behind our hockey team. Folks, considering its only been 4 months that we have learned that the AHL was coming here, I think we are making great strides to show how much we want this team (your Canucks farm team), to succeed here in Utica. I know that we can't please everyone with what we are doing here but please, give us some time! In the end, it's all about the team the Canucks organization puts on the ice. The Canucks are trying to develop some very talented hockey players, and they chose our city of Utica, to do that. New ideas and concepts about team support is coming from fans, and political leaders, from all over this area, daily. The objective here is to show this team that it's fans are trying to come up with clever and unique ways to go above and beyond "the Norm" to support this team. I'm not sure how many other AHL (or NHL for that matter) teams have a "dance team", but isn't nice to know that the newest team in the league does? Do they skate? Does it really matter? They are not the ones who will be getting called up. Here are a bunch of young ladies who want to devote their "spare" time to this team. I don't see how "slamming" a novel idea, or judging these young ladies, benefits the community trying to support this team. As I've said before, this community is pumped about the Comets playing here. Our goal here is to stand behind this team, win or lose, for the entire time they are here. We know what it's like to lose a AHL team. We want to show that we appreciate the 2nd chance. Sorry if I sound a bit upset, but when our community is doing nothing but positive things for this team, it's upsetting to read "negative" comments from people who do not live here. Not sure what the "no thanks" and "mountains" comments are about, but, for your information... We are "thankful" for these young ladies, who will sacrifice their spare time to get our crowds going at "the Aud". The city of Utica is seated in the "Mohawk Valley" not "in the mountains". The closest mountains are located to the north, Adirondack Mountains, about 45 miles. About the same distance as a bus trip to our closest rival...the Syracuse Crunch. Can't wait to see the Comettes in their blue green and white, "dance" costumes. I'm sure visiting fans won't mind either (if they can get a ticket). 2days until the home opener! Tailgaters arriving at noon...on a weekday! (myself included). Concert (Night Ranger) starts at 5...Gordie Howe in town for autographs. Fireworks outside at "puck drop'. Large outdoor video screen tv for live telecast for fans that couldn't get a ticket. Comettes rocking the crowd. Proud to be part of it!!!!!!!!

I guess when you live in the mountains you aren't as picky.

The try outs for the Utica Comets Comettes are underway:
Posted Image

there's a whole lot of "no thanks" in that pic...

Edited by Utica Fan, 21 October 2013 - 10:22 AM.

America, home of the free(loader). Working hard to support those who don't want to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.