The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I have a DATE :)

Heisenberg

So i have not posted here in a very long time, but when I did I received amazing advice on how to lose weight and be more confident, which worked for a while until I eventually got lazy and gained all the weight back plus a bit but I dgaf anymore I'm just going to be me and people can damn well like it or get lost. Well it has been I think a year or more I forget but I finally have my first ever date ::D she is flying in this Saturday morning and we finally meet after talking for about 4 months and I was wondering how you guys would handle this situation, where should I take her to eat and what places to see and if we connect maybe a way to lose my v card since I am over 20 and desperate to do so. Also have any of you had a long distance relationship and then met up, any does or don't or just advice on how not to be awkward.

Advice please. Thanks.

I missed you.

your sig is great, I recently watched 150 episodes of Pokemon over a 2 week period and will continue after my woman business is handled and she leaves, unless she stays and we fall in love, then I may not have as much time for Pokemon or other cartoons, hmm maybe I don't want to be in love.

So i have not posted here in a very long time, but when I did I received amazing advice on how to lose weight and be more confident, which worked for a while until I eventually got lazy and gained all the weight back plus a bit but I dgaf anymore I'm just going to be me and people can damn well like it or get lost. Well it has been I think a year or more I forget but I finally have my first ever date ::D she is flying in this Saturday morning and we finally meet after talking for about 4 months and I was wondering how you guys would handle this situation, where should I take her to eat and what places to see and if we connect maybe a way to lose my v card since I am over 20 and desperate to do so. Also have any of you had a long distance relationship and then met up, any does or don't or just advice on how not to be awkward.

Advice please. Thanks.

I have no idea if this is a serious post or not, but here goes.

You're going to get nowhere with this girl if you set out with this mentality from the beginning. Try not to seem uncomfortable around her, even if you are naturally going to be a little nervous.If you're acting uncomfortable she's going to be uncomfortable herself. Where are you from? You could always show her around town for the day if she's never been, but at the end of the day you're the one who's been talking to her for months so you should know her and what she's interested in a lot better than the members of this forum.

even though we talk shes still a stranger and is from a totally different country. I don't own a car and don't feel like bussing around town with a girl and hate walking/cant walk very far so I need to come up with a plan to get her to the good sights. Her hobbies mostly involve gaming and lots of tv shows, which are my hobbies and of course watching hockey so that stuff can be done at home.

The more i type the more I feel like this is a bad idea because I am not ready for this :excl: maybe I should tell her to cancel. Things never seem clear until you write them out and read your own words, thats why forums are so valuable.

If you're too lazy to walk, losing your v-card is going to be a lot more work than you bargained for. Scottish Canuck's advice is legit. Take her to see places you like, and don't think too much about sleeping with her. If you worry too much about that, it'll never happen.

She aint a pizza, you can't get her just delivered to your house and have her without leaving the couch.

even though we talk shes still a stranger and is from a totally different country. I don't own a car and don't feel like bussing around town with a girl and hate walking/cant walk very far so I need to come up with a plan to get her to the good sights. Her hobbies mostly involve gaming and lots of tv shows, which are my hobbies and of course watching hockey so that stuff can be done at home.

The more i type the more I feel like this is a bad idea because I am not ready for this :excl: maybe I should tell her to cancel. Things never seem clear until you write them out and read your own words, thats why forums are so valuable.

Don't cancel. You're going to have to do this sort of thing at some stage otherwise you're never going to gain confidence with women. She's from another country? Great. She's likely never visited so show her your favourite sites and what you love about Vancouver (or wherever you're from). It doesn't have to be too many places, just a few places that you think might interest her. A few bus rides won't kill you. Stop for lunch in between for a bit of a break and to get to know her better.

Relax and don't think about it too much. If it goes well, great. If not, who cares? You've got nothing to lose.

I think I am telling her not to come because I am not ready for this. Im in terrible shape and have no money.

A moderator can close this up I no longer need advice.

Obviously it's your call but I don't think you'd be doing yourself any favours by calling it off.

And surely she's booked her flights in already? I wouldn't stand her up at the last minute.

Okay, can I give you some advice before you bail out (as a girl)?

If she likes gaming and watching shows, there is nothing wrong with making her dinner (LOTS of easy things to make) and having an evening of gaming together. Don't force going out and showing her a good time if that is not what you are all about. What a lot of people seem to forget is that you don't have to go out of your way to over-impress people. You both sound like you have similar interests and I bet she'll even feel more comfortable that way, too.

My best date with my now-husband was when he made me dinner and we watched a movie or two. Gives you lots of time to talk without all the worry about everything else. You also get to know the person on a more real level.

All in all, good luck and don't stress it too much. If she's a nice person, she'll understand where you are coming from and you guys go from there to see if it all works or not. If it doesn't work out, at least you tried?

This too. Do what you think she'll enjoy and be interested in.

If she likes gaming and watching shows, there is nothing wrong with making her dinner (LOTS of easy things to make) and having an evening of gaming together. Don't force going out and showing her a good time if that is not what you are all about. What a lot of people seem to forget is that you don't have to go out of your way to over-impress people. You both sound like you have similar interests and I bet she'll even feel more comfortable that way, too.

My best date with my now-husband was when he made me dinner and we watched a movie or two. Gives you lots of time to talk without all the worry about everything else. You also get to know the person on a more real level.

All in all, good luck and don't stress it too much. If she's a nice person, she'll understand where you are coming from and you guys go from there to see if it all works or not. If it doesn't work out, at least you tried?

I think I am telling her not to come because I am not ready for this. Im in terrible shape and have no money.

A moderator can close this up I no longer need advice.

Ahh don't do that dude. Girls don't care if your in shape or if you have cash. Just be confident with yourself, plus their are a lot of cheap dates you can do around Vancouver. When I was younger I used to get caught up on that too but girls aren't nearly as shallow as us. Just be confident be yourself, take her out for coffee or a cheap local dinner, walk around the sea wall or rent paddle boards(obv weather dependent) and you will do fine

I don't have my own place and have never had a girl over so Im so embarrassed to have her at my house and my parents like WOW what is that and then I explain she had to fly in and didn't even meet her in person. So I planned on getting a hotel and that kinda takes cooking and indoor stuff away because she's not the easy type, she's not a slut, she doesn't even go on dates. So I can't game and relax at home with her.

But then I realized I have to work on the weekend and barely have enough money for a hotel I was just super excited about possibly smashing some P.

And yes she has paid LOL I don't know how that will work. Maybe I'll have to send some money when I have it to make up for it.

I don't have my own place and have never had a girl over so Im so embarrassed to have her at my house and my parents like WOW what is that and then I explain she had to fly in and didn't even meet her in person. So I planned on getting a hotel and that kinda takes cooking and indoor stuff away because she's not the easy type, she's not a slut, she doesn't even go on dates. So I can't game and relax at home with her.

But then I realized I have to work on the weekend and barely have enough money for a hotel I was just super excited about possibly smashing some P.

And yes she has paid LOL I don't know how that will work. Maybe I'll have to send some money when I have it to make up for it.

Again, forget that for the time being.

Ask your parents to step out for the day. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you explained it to them. They might do the typical 20 questions thing like my parents would, but it's nothing to be embarrassed about. You'd be making a huge mistake to turn her away at such short notice. You've got to find the confidence to do this or you're just going to worry more about it over time.

Oh come on. If she's willing to come all the way here to see you then it'd be a slap in the face to turn her away. Do you have a planned budget?

As far as the weight thing, is she aware of your situation or is she in for a surprise?

I don't agree with your desperation of losing your v card, you're doing her a disservice approaching it like that if she isn't as well. Sex is great but sex without intimacy is mutual masturbation. You probably think it makes no difference now, if that's the case, use online hookup sites instead of wasting your time trying to build a relationship.

I may have left 30-40 pounds off my weight, she knows Im large but not the whole story lol it's easy to hide it on webcam. I have tried online hook ups sites such as tinder and had no luck because sadly they have to like you back.

And yes I feel horrible doing it and I know it's rude to turn her away but I haven't been able to sleep and have been freaking out and realized I went about this all wrong!

As Ex Bert has suggested try to think of making being lazy with her fun indoors. Go watch a movie. Go stroll around downtown. There's so much to pass time with that's for free as long as you two can keep a good conversation goingDoes she have weight problems of her own? She might be more understanding that way

yeah she's also pretty big, which is great in some places ::D

We'll see...

Advice please. Thanks.

So she's never seen you before?

Talking to females is never my strong suit but I just treat them like a guy - that's how I can get over my nervousness around them. Like I said, it sucks as a method. (I'm a straight guy).

What is her heritage?

Don't take her to some place too fancy. Maybe the Spaghetti Factory? But don't watch movies on your first date. Make sure you have time to talk to her.

Look, I'm going to be upfront with you - it sounds like you really wanted to lose the weight to start off and now that you've gained it back, it SOUNDS like (correct me if I'm wrong) that you're forcing yourself to accept yourself as you are, which is fine to a certain degree. But ultimately, you might still have trouble accepting yourself.

Losing weight takes a lot of time but it takes even longer if you don't know how to do it. Start with dropping junk food (No potato chips/fries etc). Eat "real meals".

- Never skip meals.

- Do a little bit of exercise

In months, you'll drop a lot of unnecessary weight. Remember: No amount of exercise will burn out calories that you have consumed due to eating habits!

At most, you'll be burning the food that you just ate. The point of the exercise is to increase your metabolic level. (You burn fat even if you don't do anything, like when you sleep. The human body is an energy hog. You will burn it even if you don't do anything)

I'm not saying this because I am a hater of fat people. But it's because I dropped some weight and feel SO much better about myself that I'm trying to spread the idea of living healthier. I'm not judging you for being fat. I'm hoping that you feel great about yourself and it will help with your confidence level.

Man to man talk.

Edit: Don't give up on the girl. I've been in your shoes when I've refused to see people. It sucks.

Also... grow up, man.

If you treat her like disposable pleasures (first and foremost), you are going to be a douche.

It IS disrespectful that she's coming over here and you're thinking about going to a hotel and tapping her. It's a nice idea but if that's the case, just go to hook up sites or Craigslist. Don't waste her time.

But if you are actually a decent guy, spend time with her and don't think with your dick. I believe that she likes you enough to come over here to see YOU. Don't spoil the opportunity.

Archived