The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I have a DATE :)

Heisenberg

Yeah I have to agree. I really am not sure at this point if you are trolling or actually came here for advice, but you should have stuck through it even if you were a bit uncomfortable about the situation.

Stepping out of your comfort zone can help you learn more about yourself, plus from what you've said the girl seemed to like you enough to plan it all out and take her time to see you, I think you definitely made the wrong call.

the advice I got was to back out, even if that wasn't what people were saying.

the advice I got was to back out, even if that wasn't what people were saying.

It definitely wasn't. Back away from the desperation to lose your virginity (or v card, as you put it) - yes. If that's the sole reason you invited her over (and I'm starting to wonder...) then you don't deserve her. But myself and others have been encouraging you to go for it all day and you've completely ignored our advice.

Lots of good bits of advice here.

I had zero confidence in myself as potential boyfriend material for the longest time. Oddly enough some girls thought I was conceited even though it was probably closer to the opposite.

In the end, I was approaching it the wrong way. I put too much pressure on myself when around girls that I liked. All it took was the mindset of, "I'm going to meet an interesting person today and the worst that will happen is we have a nice chat and call it day". It really took the pressure off and let me be me and not the this mental image of an awkward boyfriend that I thought I'd be. Building relationships and "losing the v-card" come well after that but it all potentially starts at that first meeting.

Not sure if that makes sense. I hope you do reconsider your decision. Sounds like you missing out on meeting an interesting person.

So i have not posted here in a very long time, but when I did I received amazing advice on how to lose weight and be more confident, which worked for a while until I eventually got lazy and gained all the weight back plus a bit but I dgaf anymore I'm just going to be me and people can damn well like it or get lost. Well it has been I think a year or more I forget but I finally have my first ever date ::D she is flying in this Saturday morning and we finally meet after talking for about 4 months and I was wondering how you guys would handle this situation, where should I take her to eat and what places to see and if we connect maybe a way to lose my v card since I am over 20 and desperate to do so. Also have any of you had a long distance relationship and then met up, any does or don't or just advice on how not to be awkward.

Advice please. Thanks.

YOU have a DATE??? Skylar will be really mad at you and so will Walter Jr.

I am not afraid to be made fun of on a forum so Im just very open. Like 1/4 of all new relationships start online it's 2013 grow up.

That's not what I'm referring to. I met my girlfriend online, myself, so it'd be pretty hypocritical of me to be making fun of you for that. I'm talking about the way you're supposedly treating this girl like absolute crap.

Archived