The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

3 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Fair point, I've transitioned out of buying new games completely and waiting until they get in the $20-30 price range. EBGames has some decent deals.

I'm with you on that one. I only drop full price on a game once a year.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2017 at 12:15 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

Disappointed about GT7/GT Sport being multiplayer focused... I thought GT7 and GT Sport were going to be different games.. I don't have time for multiplayer, nor the interest in it. I was really looking forward to playing it since I haven't played the series since GT4 back in the mid 00s..

Am also not much of a multiplayer fan but have to admit GT Sport mode is simply revolutionary.

For any racing fan looking to compete, I recommend it. If you like winning, I do not. It's teaching people how to race fairly and as far as I've seen it's working. Finishing clean rewards you more than trying to finishing 1st. Those with low Sportsmanship ratings get entered with other of similar rank. So unless you learn to drive clean you don't get to race better drivers. 

Anyways, they just announced the Dec. update will include classic single player Cups (Sunday Cup, Boxer Spirit, etc..).  http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_4451949.html 

Also 15 new cars coming in Nov-Dec. 

i1hPSyyTpku6mRH.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

What you guys think about Horizon Zero Dawn. I bought it because it was half price, and good reviews.

It's a really nice looking, well put together open world game.

I ended up trading it in myself because I'm just burnt out on open world stuff. It's a really solid game though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2017 at 6:07 PM, Incursio said:

It's a really nice looking, well put together open world game.

I ended up trading it in myself because I'm just burnt out on open world stuff. It's a really solid game though.

Good. I have a hard time playing anything that isn't open world or strategy based type of game like Total War. I just love the freedom of them, particularly FO or Elder Scrolls, which I've played numerous times for that reason - also highly modifiable of course making it all that much better

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2017 at 4:30 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

What you guys think about Horizon Zero Dawn. I bought it because it was half price, and good reviews.

Definitely a huge delayed response on my part, but it's my GOTY for sure. Beats out Zelda: Breath of the Wild for me.

One of the best free roamers ever, with great, fluid combat. The story is amazing as well, and Aloy is an excellent protagonist to add as one of the faces of Playstation.

I definitely had some open-world exhaustion for awhile there though, considering Horizon and Zelda came out within a few days of each other, so it was hard going back and forth. Ultimately, I put down Zelda for awhile so I could keep playing Horizon, which I think says a lot of which game I like better. THey're both amazing games, of course, but I think it depends on taste. Horizon is more of a tribal, sci-fi, open world, robot animal killing game with great combat. Just the things you can do with the bow, while running around, setting traps, etc. It's really good.

Zelda is obviously good too, and I'm still trying to play and beat that too, but I think considering I finished Horizon's main story and side quests long ago, and almost Platinum'd it says which game I like better. The Horizon DLC is something else too. Some of the best snow physics engine ever.

On 12/26/2017 at 7:04 PM, DollarAndADream said:

Definitely a huge delayed response on my part, but it's my GOTY for sure. Beats out Zelda: Breath of the Wild for me.

One of the best free roamers ever, with great, fluid combat. The story is amazing as well, and Aloy is an excellent protagonist to add as one of the faces of Playstation.

I definitely had some open-world exhaustion for awhile there though, considering Horizon and Zelda came out within a few days of each other, so it was hard going back and forth. Ultimately, I put down Zelda for awhile so I could keep playing Horizon, which I think says a lot of which game I like better. THey're both amazing games, of course, but I think it depends on taste. Horizon is more of a tribal, sci-fi, open world, robot animal killing game with great combat. Just the things you can do with the bow, while running around, setting traps, etc. It's really good.

Zelda is obviously good too, and I'm still trying to play and beat that too, but I think considering I finished Horizon's main story and side quests long ago, and almost Platinum'd it says which game I like better. The Horizon DLC is something else too. Some of the best snow physics engine ever.

ya. I played it for a few hours the other day while enjoying a couple tall beers #holidays

I enjoyed it so far. It's certainly a different setting and I'm not sure what is really going on yet. Different engines, but you can see these games all take aspects from each other - Farcry, Tomb Raider, Witcher, Zero Dawn, which is fine but at the same time does feel a little redundant in that regard. That's one thing I appreciate about the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series - Bethesda does "it" very well like nobody else. I was watching a video about AC Origins and was thinking about it, but it's so similar to those games as well I feel like I'd be playing something very similar and not really doing anything new, so I passed on it.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

I will be watching a review later, but has anyone played GT6? What's that like? How does it compare to GT4? I used to play that religiously way back in high school.  I was hoping for GT7 this year or next but Sony went with GT Sport instead. All my games right now are shooters or involve destruction. It would be nice to get away from that for a bit.

5 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

ya. I played it for a few hours the other day while enjoying a couple tall beers #holidays

I enjoyed it so far. It's certainly a different setting and I'm not sure what is really going on yet. Different engines, but you can see these games all take aspects from each other - Farcry, Tomb Raider, Witcher, Zero Dawn, which is fine but at the same time does feel a little redundant in that regard. That's one thing I appreciate about the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series - Bethesda does "it" very well like nobody else. I was watching a video about AC Origins and was thinking about it, but it's so similar to those games as well I feel like I'd be playing something very similar and not really doing anything new, so I passed on it.

Once the Horizon story gets going, $&!# gets real interesting.

• 1 month later...

Just got the Far Cry (Primal) last week, even though it came out in 2016. I absolutely loved Far Cry 4, played it a lot, finished it, started it again, finished it again, etc. But this new Far Cry seems to have taken a big step backwards (literally), It's set in 10,000 BC. It's a very similar concept to the Far Cry 4 game, except I'm finding that it's very limited. Of course, because of the time period, there are no vehicles, no boats, no buzzers, no guns or rocket launchers etc. There does seem to be more animals trying to kill you, but so far just bears, badgers, eagles, tigers and wolves are the predators. I was expecting some dino action when I read (Primal), but this is well after their time. I'm still trying to figure out what my mission is. The only weapons I have so far are a club, a bow and arrow and a spear. lol Give me back my rocket launcher! Hoping the game gets more interesting.

Has anyone played Far Cry Primal yet? What are your thoughts?

Also, really looking forward to Far Cry 5, coming out at the end of March.

Edited by NUCKER67

19 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Just got the Far Cry (Primal) last week, even though it came out in 2016. I absolutely loved Far Cry 4, played it a lot, finished it, started it again, finished it again, etc. But this new Far Cry seems to have taken a big step backwards (literally), It's set in 10,000 BC. It's a very similar concept to the Far Cry 4 game, except I'm finding that it's very limited. Of course, because of the time period, there are no vehicles, no boats, no buzzers, no guns or rocket launchers etc. There does seem to be more animals trying to kill you, but so far just bears, badgers, eagles, tigers and wolves are the predators. I was expecting some dino action when I read (Primal), but this is well after their time. I'm still trying to figure out what my mission is. The only weapons I have so far are a club, a bow and arrow and a spear. lol Give me back my rocket launcher! Hoping the game gets more interesting.

Has anyone played Far Cry Primal yet? What are your thoughts?

Also, really looking forward to Far Cry 5, coming out at the end of March.

I've played it before 4 so I didn't feel anything was missing. It's fine, it was fun, I wouldn't redo it though. And 5 is going to be a near carbon copy of 4 so I wouldn't rush out to get it

I'll probably end up buying Far Cry 5 if nothing releases around that time

There's a lot of PS4 games coming this year holy crap... Spiderman, Spyro Trilogy, Days Gone and hopefully Death Stranding and The Last of Us 2. That's on top of some computer games I want like State of Decay 2, Metro: Exodus and Dark Souls 1 Remastered.

I bet a good chunk of those are going to be pushed back to 2019. Happens every year.

Edited by Xbox