The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top Anime Tournament [DBZ vs Death Note] CLOSED

Alchemy Time

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is the final round. The two anime/manga YOU, the members of CDC, chose to be the finalists for this tournament.

This is my opinions on the advantages/disadvantages of each series

Plot: Death Note wins this easily. The plot left me on the edge of my seat constantly. I could not stop watching it.

Action: DBZ wins this, though just barely. Death Note's action is primarily mental chess battles between L and Light, whereas DBZ, well, its fights were just badass.

Presentation: Death Note. The music and animation perfectly convey and enhance the intensity of the plot. Also the voice actors in English and Japanese were better than DBZ imo.

Humour: DBZ easily. Death Note has little to no comedy at all, and when it does it's usually dumb and/or unintentional

Characters: Death Note, though just barely. L and Light carry Death Note to the win for this one imo, they are easily the most interesting characters I've ever watched. Light's development from well-meaning highschool kid to merciless psychopath is perfectly and believably done.

DBZ's extra point: Nostagia, plain and simple.

Death Note's extra point: Makes you think. Death Note raises multiple moral questions about the true nature of justice, the morality of murdering criminals, and the corruption of power.

My pick:

Death Note. Though DBZ has my respect for badass fight scenes, likable characters and nostagia, Death Note is the single best anime I have ever seen. Each episode had me on the edge of my seat. L and Light carry the entire show with their attempt's to kill each other while still disguising their true identity, and that's totally fine because it's awesome to watch.

honestly, these are not the two best anime's i've seen, kinda disappointed they made the final, but i can't say i'm surprised.

I agree. There are many more obscure animes I've watched of late that have been reaallly good. Some of which are really short but I enjoyed them much more than DBZ and Death Note. I'd say this poll was heavily favoured by Nostalgia, much like the gaming poll.

Its not exactly a bad thing, as they may have paved the way for other animes, but I felt there were many solid choices not even in this poll. My fault for only nominating Attack On Titan.. Which isn't even my favourite anime anymore.

If DBZ can be split into three acts (Saiyan/Frieza, Cell, Buu), the first two were really fun to watch. For Death Note, everything was good up to -

Considering the short length, I expected more from Death Note. Hell, I enjoyed Bakuman's plot more.

DUDE?!? What the hell man hahah. Whatever, I still plan on getting around to watching it.

This was cool Alchemy. I had forgotten a lot about The Last AirBender, and this inspired me to watch the whole series again (halfway through season 1 right now). Although I don't want to progress any further with Airbender because we all know what happens to the moonlight girl (DEVASTATING) haha. After I re-watch Airbender, I'll start watching Full Metal Alchemist, a series I haven't seen before along with Death Note since you guys hyped it up like cuhhhrazzyyyy.

Looking forward to the holidays ;)

DUDE?!? What the hell man hahah. Whatever, I still plan on getting around to watching it.

This was cool Alchemy. I had forgotten a lot about The Last AirBender, and this inspired me to watch the whole series again (halfway through season 1 right now). Although I don't want to progress any further with Airbender because we all know what happens to the moonlight girl (DEVASTATING) haha. After I re-watch Airbender, I'll start watching Full Metal Alchemist, a series I haven't seen before along with Death Note since you guys hyped it up like cuhhhrazzyyyy.

I apologize. I just thought that anyone who voted would've seen/read both things. Went right past my head that there's a bunch of lurkers. F*** me.

if you're gonna watch FMA, watch the original first, since it has the better first half, then Brotherhood if you have time, since the second half of it is better. If you have limited time just watch Brotherhood.

Death Note is still amazing even if you know

L dies

going in to it. Same thing happened to me.

Also you might want to edit Bob.Loblaw's post, since he edited his.

Archived