The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Problems with Sedins

4everacanuck13

I love the Sedins, but this year, they have been a disaster. They hadnt come up in big games. Theyr becoming slower and slower. sometimes when i watch them they piss me off. Instead of shooting it. they pass it right away which ends up getting blocked or ending the rush/play. I wouldnt want to trade the sedins but if they keep playing like this, they have to go if Vancouver wants to win a cup.

The Complete Lack of a First Line is the problem, then Gillis.

The Sedins will be why the Canucks dont make the playoffs this year.

They have been so bad since the new contract signing that there is a breech of contract argument to made.

Just useless our first line. historic in their uselessness this season. 3 x Scott Gomez.

Kesler or Bieksa should be Captain and the Twins should be moved to the East....far east....MODO.

They're going nowhere. Accept it and just start looking for answers elsewhere. I have.

You can't just write off a top line like that. Imagine a young lady has a gorgeous bod, but a nose like Tim Hunter's..Do you expect her to be a super model?

We've got a MAJOR problem here.

They're going nowhere. Accept it and just start looking for answers elsewhere. I have.

If the Sedins keep going on a slump for the next 1-2 years,i expect Gillies to either trade them for a low prospect and 1st rd picks, because in reality, who would want sedins on their team .. Nobody. Henrik's problem is on the times that he needs to shoot, he passes it. Daniel's problem is pretty much same thing as his brother. Look back when Daniel was a shoot first guy. 41 goals. Look at henrik when he added shooting in his arsenal, 29 goals. and some people says that Burrows is not finishing.. yes hes not, but defensively hes been great, Sedins on defense, theyr too slow . it is not helping the canucks. Do not trade Kesler, trade sedins instead. time for a rebuild. Their prime is done. Unless they can win the cup for us

The nucks for the past 8 years plus have basically been a one line team with the Sedins carrying it all. that is amazing if you think about it which most clowns who trash them haven't. they have gotten older and nothing has been added to ease the pressure on them. The same applies Kesler as well - he hasn't been supported with legit top 6

The nucks for the past 8 years plus have basically been a one line team with the Sedins carrying it all. that is amazing if you think about it which most clowns who trash them haven't. they have gotten older and nothing has been added to ease the pressure on them. The same applies Kesler as well - he hasn't been supported with legit top 6

Yeah, I appreciate that. They have been one of our greatest players, but their time ends. Sedins will probably solve their slump if they had guys like Vanek, Moulson, Eberle, or any great snipers. but sedins became old. Canucks arent as dangerous anymore. We use to be feared , now were just a team that can be easily beaten.

Yeah, I appreciate that. They have been one of our greatest players, but their time ends. Sedins will probably solve their slump if they had guys like Vanek, Moulson, Eberle, or any great snipers. but sedins became old. Canucks arent as dangerous anymore. We use to be feared , now were just a team that can be easily beaten.

One day the twins awoke and realized....they became old.

Meanwhile Jaromir Jagr scores his 700th career goal.

The excuses are so weak.

I didn't realize 33 was too old to be playing in the NHL..I guess Marleau and Thornton should have hung them up a couple seasons ago.

If the Sedins keep going on a slump for the next 1-2 years,i expect Gillies to either trade them for a low prospect and 1st rd picks, because in reality, who would want sedins on their team .. Nobody. Henrik's problem is on the times that he needs to shoot, he passes it. Daniel's problem is pretty much same thing as his brother. Look back when Daniel was a shoot first guy. 41 goals. Look at henrik when he added shooting in his arsenal, 29 goals. and some people says that Burrows is not finishing.. yes hes not, but defensively hes been great, Sedins on defense, theyr too slow . it is not helping the canucks. Do not trade Kesler, trade sedins instead. time for a rebuild. Their prime is done. Unless they can win the cup for us

The Sedins are now not tradeable. Period.

One day the twins awoke and realized....they became old.

Meanwhile Jaromir Jagr scores his 700th career goal.

The excuses are so weak.

I didn't realize 33 was too old to be playing in the NHL..I guess Marleau and Thornton should have hung them up a couple seasons ago.

I'm not saying that 33 is old. They are old. Theyr slow, how come Big Joe can still skate really fast? how come Big Joe can finish plays ? Sedins are over man. UNLESS next year, they go absolute HAM .but i dont see that coming. their time in vancouver is done. No more primetime

What's really scary is a couple years ago, losing Daniel Sedin to an injury would seem devastating, knowing he's injured now it feels like we've lost nothing, like losing a spare wheel. If anything this might do some good, maybe wake Henrik up a bit.

Either way, i find it extremely disheartening that once they signed their big new contracts, they have completely disappeared. Such class. Hey maybe they will just look at it how Naslund looked at it, those contracts were given for what they had achieved in the past.

I like Mike Gillis but damn what a mistake.

Think the twins are great guys, & class acts-but we'd best move on.

Use the amnesty buyout on Daniel. Henrik could still be a useful, vet leader. In a yr or two you could cover a chunk of his cap-hit, & deal him to a top team(for a pick). Even take back a bad, expiring contract. We CAN'T have 14 mill/4 more yrs of this. No way.

Our core is no more.

What's really scary is a couple years ago, losing Daniel Sedin to an injury would seem devastating, knowing he's injured now it feels like we've lost nothing, like losing a spare wheel. If anything this might do some good, maybe wake Henrik up a bit.

Either way, i find it extremely disheartening that once they signed their big new contracts, they have completely disappeared. Such class. Hey maybe they will just look at it how Naslund looked at it, those contracts were given for what they had achieved in the past.

I like Mike Gillis but damn what a mistake.

It wasn't a mistake in the beginning, they were beasting. but now, it is. I know, a scoring slump doenst mean anything because it happens to everyone but Sedins's are real. Theyr different now.

Use the amnesty buyout on Daniel. Henrik could still be a useful, vet leader. In a yr or two you could cover a chunk of his cap-hit, & deal him to a top team(for a pick). Even take back a bad, expiring contract. We CAN'T have 14 mill/4 more yrs of this. No way.

Our core is no more.

:bigblush:

So you would buyout one twin and leave the other on the team? Have you been hanging out with Rob Ford?

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I'm not saying that 33 is old. They are old. Theyr slow, how come Big Joe can still skate really fast? how come Big Joe can finish plays ? Sedins are over man. UNLESS next year, they go absolute HAM .but i dont see that coming. their time in vancouver is done. No more primetime

Joe has 8 goals so not much finish...What he does have is young players that can finish his plays as well as provide secondary scoring...While we have Sedins and Kesler the Sharks have Thornton, Couture, Marleau, and Burns to keep them going...All we need is some youth(Horvat/Shink/Gaunce possible next year) to provide some secondary scoring and we will get back to where we were

Our core is no more.

Here's how that conversation goes:

MG: "Francesco, we have a problem. The Sedins aren't producing, and I'd like you to consider buying out Daniel, he really struggled last season."

FA: "How much would it cost us to do that?"

MG: "19 million dollars".

*SLAM!!!*

(dialtone)

Archived