The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Problems with Sedins

4everacanuck13

Yeah,right.

You are aware Burr is being paid $8m this year and has not scored all season?

http://www.capgeek.com/player/662

Sundin made $8.6 m for a few months and did jack squat for this franchise.

Then he retired.

Gillis might have an epiphany and provide the Sedins with a first line winger one day only to show you how dramatically frantic you and others on this board have become.

I wasn't aware Burrows was making $8m this year. That will come as a surprise to many.

Two $7M players should be able to produce with the stick boy on their line. You should actually try watching how they play. Slow, predictable and perimeter. Their numbers have been in steady decline for 4 years. What we are seeing is a continuing trend, not a slump. Having said that, if MG can land Sidney Crosby to play with them, I imagine their numbers will improve..

How about somebody that can score one goal in a season for superstar salary?

Oh, I am right there with you on that, my friend. I am making no excuses for Burrows at all. In my previous post, I put the blame on the trio. No exception for Burrows. None for the Sedins either. The blame is squarely on the trio.

I can't recall a single dominating shift the Sedins have had against the opposition in a game this year. Remember how they could spend a solid 2 minutes wearing down the opposing teams D in the offensive soon with the cycle? It's like teams have completely figured out how to stop from creating any potent offense. It's shocking how these players can go from being the absolute best in the world, art ross and MVP winners to how they are playing now. The Sedins are on a downslope in their careers and something needs to be done about it…brutal hockey this year from our "superstars" …no intensity, no emotion

Burr has 0 goals this year.

Burr makes $8m in bonus and salary.

http://www.capgeek.com/player/662

Burrows has not helped the Sedins this year and Gillis does not have a first liner capable of playing with the Sedins.

When nobody responds to your post the first time, it doesn't mean post it again. Burrows is not getting 8 million.

As for the Sedins, there is no law stating they need to be kept together on the same team throughout their careers. If their game doesn't click anymore, then it's time to at least consider other options. Every GM knows what the Sedin's are capable of, and it's possible at least one of the other 29 GM's in this league is interested in giving it a shot.

If the Sedins keep going on a slump for the next 1-2 years,i expect Gillies to either trade them for a low prospect and 1st rd picks, because in reality, who would want sedins on their team .. Nobody.

If now one will want them, why would they give up 1st round picks to get them?

To echo the sentiment, the Sedins truly are exemplary people whose selfless acts outside of hockey have endeared people to them.

That being said, they are no longer any kind of scoring threat at all. Take that away, you have........

They should do the right thing and waive their clauses so that Vancouver can build around players who still have it.

They will only drag down this team and further damage the franchise's ability to compete. They aren't first line players anymore. Today they proved it on a grand stage.

If they stay, this team won't see the post season for a long time.

Hmm.. I wonder what kind of no life loser just sits around and whines about the Sedins all day long? I have never seen a guy who thinks he know so much about the world. Put as much effort into your real life as you do these posts and you might find something to make you happy, instead of getting on here complaining all day about things. As much as the Sedins are a problem with the team, you are the problem with the fanbase. If you have such an amazing hockey mind, why are you not employed by an nhl team?

Hmm.. I wonder what kind of no life loser just sits around and whines about the Sedins all day long? I have never seen a guy who thinks he know so much about the world. Put as much effort into your real life as you do these posts and you might find something to make you happy, instead of getting on here complaining all day about things. As much as the Sedins are a problem with the team, you are the problem with the fanbase. If you have such an amazing hockey mind, why are you not employed by an nhl team?

Yeah well you're on here whining about a whiner so that literally makes you even more of a "no life loser" than he is. Just sayin'...

What's really scary is a couple years ago, losing Daniel Sedin to an injury would seem devastating, knowing he's injured now it feels like we've lost nothing, like losing a spare wheel. If anything this might do some good, maybe wake Henrik up a bit.

Either way, i find it extremely disheartening that once they signed their big new contracts, they have completely disappeared. Such class. Hey maybe they will just look at it how Naslund looked at it, those contracts were given for what they had achieved in the past.

I like Mike Gillis but damn what a mistake.

So true. I felt horrible watching Daniel get injured, but only for himself, not for the effect losing him will have on the team.

Strange days in canuckland.

Did you really write that one on your own?

Good for you! Your assumptions are entertaining in that they truly bely some deep seated anger issues.

Through reading your post, it's quite obvious that you're a simple person. You only have one train in the station and there are no passengers. I'd be angry too.

I must have really struck a nerve when I stated obvious facts about the Sedins. Don't worry, it's nothing personal against them. They are excellent people who are truly giving. The massive donations they made to Children's hospital are unprecedented in the sports community.

But facts are facts, ugrot.

By the way, I don't know who told you that keeping your head up your @$$ kept your ears warm, but it's not true. So you can stop doing it now.

I have no problems with the Sedins. They are perfectly match the team. We need them. What about Burrows? He still have yet scored a goal this year. The team is paying $4M to a guy doesn't score.

Burrows had two serious injuries. Daniel, up until the Heritage Classic, had none. What's his excuse?

Now maybe people will realize why AV had them just play offense. Torts has burned them out already. And as someone esle has pointed out...they don't have a decent RW to score off their passes.

Next year the team re-groups and brings in the support they need (whether by trading a core player, drafting or bringing in a prospect (s) or UFA). Let's see more than 3 top 6 players on this team. Let's see what they can do if there is a second line helping out. Take the load off the Sedins and let them play their offensive game with a RW that can score.

Quit whinning Van fans. The negativity around here is nauseating.

Burrows had two serious injuries. Daniel, up until the Heritage Classic, had none. What's his excuse?

The Keith concussion....

Don't know why you guys are arguing. They all suck: Henrik, Daniel, and Burrows. All brutal. All the major reason this team isn't in the playoffs. Our entire top line put together will probably not hit 100 points. A complete fail of a season for these three.

Hand and eye reflexes fall off at the age of 29,read that in the "Sports Gene" I believe.

So that has to factor in to why they are playing so bad but there are other reasons.

- The ironman streak equals playing through injuries and not healing properly

- Hank does not shoot so they cover Dank and you eliminate both of them

- They have not adapted their play to a league that has adapted to them

- Referee's now catch their clutch and hold routine that players complained about

- They are a liability when they are not ahead of the oppositions rush,just to damn slow

- Like Naslund before them,they do not build the team up around them

Its not all them but they piss me off with their interviews with comments about getting better after ass kicking.

We have a organization that can't trade a piece to save its life. So the real question is when does Seattle get a team?

Archived