The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rugby Canada announces new partnership with Under Armour

elvis15

After having been officially supplied by Kooga for their uniforms and training wear the last few years, Rugby Canada has announced the switch to Under Armour. They'll officially reveal the jerseys in a few minutes at 12:15pm PT, but a leaked photo was tweeted out earlier and here's the offical picture from Under Armour:

10382094_10152451176801287_2883861105989

I know I'm heading to the Canada/Japan game at Swangard this Saturday, and the new jerseys should be for sale at the game. I'm torn between the white (hard to keep clean, but great for summer), the red (best colour for patriotism) and the black (sexy as hell) but will be picking one up.

Just some pics leading up to the release:

BpOip6eCcAA6OKw.jpg

BpOnjZGCQAASG9j.jpg

And all the senior men's players getting prepped for the game this weekend were tweeting out all the training kit they got the other day:

BpEqLIaIQAI3ZlY.jpg

James Pritchard @JPritchard_21

Someone's been a good boy this year. Wonder what's inside? #kitmas @RugbyCanada @UnderArmour

BpFEeDGIgAAHEyP.jpg

Man, I would love to get my hands on some of that free swag. Who doesn't love free swag?

And for those of you who haven't seen the UA jerseys up close before (Wales and Jamie Cudmore's club team in France, ASM Clermont Auvergne, also use the UA jerseys), here you go:

BpOuNScIYAAN4w7.jpg

Actually, when I first head that UA was going to be the new jerseys, I was a little disappointed. They're fantastic jerseys, but a little pricey. I've seen others listed at $100+ and both the cost for me to buy one and for Rugby Canada to continually supply them would be tougher on the budget. The presale and the Rugby Canada store says $89 though, and that's a little better (the previous Kooga jerseys were $75-80).

I love rugby. I think it's a better sport than football. Less speciality positions, more teamwork, and men and women who are built like tanks but can still move.

Considering we don't have a pro circuit in North America, I can't believe how competitive we are in Rugby.

Yes to both the above!

The number of players has dropped a bit, but we're doing a better job of developing our top players. The game tomorrow has sold out of online tickets, but they'll have some available for purchase at the game. Good to see there's plenty of interest, especially with the world cup coming up next year.

Kleebs is great, my buddy ran into him while waiting in the ticket line when we went to the last game they had at Swangard (he wasn't playing) and he stopped and talked for a bit. I don't have any issue with the choices they made to wear the jerseys during the launch though.

• Ardron is the captain for the 15s team and a current pro signed player in Europe
  • Moonlight is captain of the 7s squad and one of two Canadians to make the 2013/14 World 7s series dream team
  • Cudmore is a veteran international player and plays pro on a very talented French Top 14 club

Hard to argue with that.

Yes to both the above!

The number of players has dropped a bit, but we're doing a better job of developing our top players. The game tomorrow has sold out of online tickets, but they'll have some available for purchase at the game. Good to see there's plenty of interest, especially with the world cup coming up next year.

It has been awesome to see how quickly we have climbed the world rugby ranks in recent years. I think our heart is a big part of that - although I know the last world cup was a bit of a disappointment in the end. But it must have been a good learning experience for our guys. Cannot wait for world cup next year!! You get a good rugby match and there isn't a better sport in the world....as this years premiership has proved.

Archived