The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TRADE TIME?

In my opinion, our biggest needs are: 

1) A top-4 right-handed defenseman

2) Elite D prospects (preferably on the right side)

3) A young #1 center

4) A scoring top-6 LW prospect

We need a good, right-handed defenseman to play with Hutton on the 2nd pairing next year. I would prefer to find someone in free agency who we don't have to commit to for more than 3 years. This will accelerate Hutton's development and patch up our D-core. As attractive as big names like Byfuglien or Yandle may be, we don't need to sign them to expensive contracts that are fine for 3 years and then completely tie us down cap wise after that. This could be someone like Zidlicky, Demers and Luke Schenn if the price is right.  If we can find a reliable defenseman that can play top-4 minutes in Free Agency, then this problem will be fixed very easily.

Our prospect pool on the back end needs 1 or 2 names to help it out. We have plenty of depth defense prospects, but no elite ones (besides Hutton). If we could get 1-2 more good players, we would be set. Now, we could draft these players or trade for them. Drafting them is much more likely, but some young defenseman I would target are Pulock, Bowey, Honka, Theodore or DeAngelo. Obviously these trades would be very tough to pull off, which is why the draft is most likely the solution for this problem.

After the first two problems are solved, we should target a young center who can put up points. We have Horvat or McCann who could very well play this role, but they haven't stood out as true #1 centers in the same way as some others have in the past. Don't get me wrong, I love these two players. They both have the potential to be something very special, but we need someone who can step in and effectively replace Henrik's point totals. If we did acquire a center like this through the draft (only after we get some good defenseman) we could get a MASSIVE return for Horvat or McCann. Acquiring a player like this is next to impossible through trade, but I would have my eyes on Sam Reinhart and Johansson. If fixing this minor problem first leads to us getting a good young defenseman, then go for it.

Behind Shinkaurik, we don't have much in terms of scoring potential in our prospect cupboard. But with Daniel locking up a spot and Baertschi still very raw, this is not too much of a concern.  

In my opinion, our biggest needs are: 

1) A top-4 right-handed defenseman

2) Elite D prospects (preferably on the right side)

3) A young #1 center

4) A scoring top-6 LW prospect

We need a good, right-handed defenseman to play with Hutton on the 2nd pairing next year. I would prefer to find someone in free agency who we don't have to commit to for more than 3 years. This will accelerate Hutton's development and patch up our D-core. As attractive as big names like Byfuglien or Yandle may be, we don't need to sign them to expensive contracts that are fine for 3 years and then completely tie us down cap wise after that. This could be someone like Zidlicky, Demers and Luke Schenn if the price is right.  If we can find a reliable defenseman that can play top-4 minutes in Free Agency, then this problem will be fixed very easily.

Our prospect pool on the back end needs 1 or 2 names to help it out. We have plenty of depth defense prospects, but no elite ones (besides Hutton). If we could get 1-2 more good players, we would be set. Now, we could draft these players or trade for them. Drafting them is much more likely, but some young defenseman I would target are Pulock, Bowey, Honka, Theodore or DeAngelo. Obviously these trades would be very tough to pull off, which is why the draft is most likely the solution for this problem.

After the first two problems are solved, we should target a young center who can put up points. We have Horvat or McCann who could very well play this role, but they haven't stood out as true #1 centers in the same way as some others have in the past. Don't get me wrong, I love these two players. They both have the potential to be something very special, but we need someone who can step in and effectively replace Henrik's point totals. If we did acquire a center like this through the draft (only after we get some good defenseman) we could get a MASSIVE return for Horvat or McCann. Acquiring a player like this is next to impossible through trade, but I would have my eyes on Sam Reinhart and Johansson. If fixing this minor problem first leads to us getting a good young defenseman, then go for it.

Behind Shinkaurik, we don't have much in terms of scoring potential in our prospect cupboard. But with Daniel locking up a spot and Baertschi still very raw, this is not too much of a concern.  

Would be nice..

1 hour ago, hearditall said:

Who's the 1st to go in a trade??? 

We need a FEW bigger intimidating Defencemen ASAP.

eg. Winnipeg:

Meyers - 6'8'' - 230

Trouba - 6'3' - 205 

Stuart - 6'2' - 215 

Pardy - 6'4'' - 227

Buff  - 6'5'  - 260

HELLO!!!  :blink::wacko::o:towel:

Tryamkin

Paden

how big?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived