The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van trade deadline shake up

to dal: hamhuis

to van: 1st pick 2016

dal is going for the cup and they could use a veteran d who has playoff experience for insurance if their yound d starts to falter

to van: tinordi, 2nd pick 2016

to mtl: vrbata

semin in mtl hasnt really worked and they just lost gallagher for 2 months so they could use a RW who can score and in high pace rush type team vrbata could find his game and we get a 23 year old 6 foot 6 225 pound defender who could use a fresh start

to phi: weber

to van: schenn

webers hasnt played well this season and phi has a real shortage of right handed shot defensemen who can play the pp. now schenn has been an enigma in phi for awhile now and they have just been wanting to get rid of him, but im not sure where his value lies because now hes a ufa at years end so teams dont have to commit to his 3.6m cap hit. 

to stl: prust

to van: 3rd pick 2016

stl has a lacking toughness for a long playoff run and prust helps reaves in that department. before you say it, i dont think prust sees a long term fit in van because his finance lives in mtl so i think he'll look to sign somewhere in the east

now this is discussion proposal...

to van: bickell

to chi: higgins

bickell has lost his game in chi and so has higgins in van so would you do a straight up swap? bickell has a 4m cap hit next season but at least he brings a physical game and we have the cap space. obviously i know management loves higgins and he still has his ntc but he may be okay with going to a world class franchise in chicago

thats a bigger, tougher, stronger team who wont get pushed around by wpg, ana, l.a etc...and we still have space for lucic if he chooses to come here for around 6m. now having bickell, lucic, schenn and tinordi in the line up makes us an instant big team

D. Sedin ($ 7,000,000) --- H. Sedin ($ 7,000,000) --- J. Hansen ($ 2,500,000)

H. Shinkaruk ($ 863,333) --- B. Sutter ($ 3,300,000) --- J. Virtanen ($ 894,166)

B. Bickell ($ 4,000,000) --- B. Horvat ($ 894,167) --- A. Burrows ($ 4,500,000)

S. Baertschi ($ 900,000) --- J. McCann ($ 894,166) --- D. Dorsett ($ 2,650,000)

DEFENCE

A. Edler ($ 5,000,000) --- C. Tanev ($ 4,450,000)

L. Sbisa ($ 3,600,000) --- L. Schenn ($ 3,600,000)

B. Hutton ($ 896,250) --- M. Bartkowski ($ 1,750,000)

GOAL

R. Miller ($ 6,000,000)

Extras

J. Markstrom ($ 1,550,000) --- R. Kenins ($ 600,000) --- J. Tinordi ($ 850,500) --- A. Cracknell ($ 575,000)

---------------------------------------------------

2015 NHL Cap Limit: $ 71,400,000

23 Player Roster Cap Used: $ 64,267,582

Cap Buried in the Minors: + $ 50,000

Cap Hit from Buyout(s): + $ 0

2014 Bonus Overages: + $ 0

Cap Retained in Trades : + $ 800,000

Cap Retained by Other Team : - $ 0

Long Term Injury Reserve: - $ 0

Cap Space Available : $ 6,282,418

I think the Canucks should trade Hamhuis and/or Tanev to Edmonton. They desperately need a solid stay-at-home D. Also, I would not be opposed to sending Ryan Miller to either the Oilers, Leafs or Flames for something in return. Once again, I am inclined to say that this Canucks franchise is ready for a rebuilding effort. Keeping old and expiring contracts for too long isn't for the best interest of the organization.

Also, I would definitely NOT trade Virtanen, Horvat, McCann, Hutton, Markstrom, Demko, Baertschi or Shinkaruk.

We were lucky to get a second round pick out of John Tortorella. Let's build off that and continue acquiring draft picks and prospects through in-season moves. I am hoping Jim Benning can work some magic and actually acquire some draft picks of significance instead of throwing away assets for 3rd round picks.

8 hours ago, canuktravella said:

your massively overvaluing our vets wed be lucky to get a third for hamhuis hes awful 

weber will not get you schenn  and id pass on bickell we have prust and dorsett that are cheaper and about the same 

You massively undervalue Hamhuis in every post you make in every forum on the internet 24-7-365.

Why bother mentioning Gallaghers injury as a motivating factor for a Vrbata trade when your proposal is for the trade deadline? Gallagher will be back by then. They'll also have a very good idea by then whether or not Andrighetto is the answer on the 2nd line right wing. Right now he looks great there. If that keeps up then Montreal will have little interest in Vrbata 

On 2015-12-02, 9:16:32, billabong said:

to dal: hamhuis

to van: 1st pick 2016

dal is going for the cup and they could use a veteran d who has playoff experience for insurance if their yound d starts to falter

After Hamhuis' play against the Stars last night you may need to look for a different trade partner for him.

Archived