The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDSF: (C1) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (WC2) Nashville Predators | Predators win series 4-0

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Blackhawks in 4
    • Blackhawks in 5
    • Blackhawks in 6
    • Blackhawks in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

19 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Proves a point so many of us try to make in "you just never know" (which is why you always push to MAKE the playoffs).  On paper doesn't account for fatigue, injury, slumps, etc.

It made me so happy to see Keith's deer in headlights look as they were ousted.

I think fans need to understand that drafting a superstar doesn't fix all the problems. But when you look at the team Forsberg, Johansen, Arvidsson, Josi, Subban, Ellis. That's a good group of talent as their core. It basically is the age old question. Is it better to have one line like the West Coast Express, or have 14 players with 20 points + and the top end guys are 60-40 points each?  

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Proves a point so many of us try to make in "you just never know" (which is why you always push to MAKE the playoffs).  On paper doesn't account for fatigue, injury, slumps, etc.

It made me so happy to see Keith's deer in headlights look as they were ousted.

Nah that's too simplistic of a view.  Could the canucks luck out and win a round?  Sure, it's possible, but would they win a cup?  Nope.  You just never know doesn't apply to the cup with the team we've had the last few years. That's why it's still best to tank and not push for playoffs for a couple of more years.

3 hours ago, FireGillis said:

Nah that's too simplistic of a view.  Could the canucks luck out and win a round?  Sure, it's possible, but would they win a cup?  Nope.  You just never know doesn't apply to the cup with the team we've had the last few years. That's why it's still best to tank and not push for playoffs for a couple of more years.

I don't think Nashville beating Chicago has anything to do with luck. I think they are a legit good team. They made Chicago look worse than Calgary in the sweep and they also beat Anahiem last year.

I honestly believe, if Vancouver never gets a McDavid or Matthews, they follow the Boston / Nashville approach where they have depth of good players to win. 

4 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I don't think Nashville beating Chicago has anything to do with luck. I think they are a legit good team. They made Chicago look worse than Calgary in the sweep and they also beat Anahiem last year3.

I honestly believe, if Vancouver never gets a McDavid or Matthews, they follow the Boston / Nashville approach where they have depth of good players to win. 

Oh yeah Nashville beating Chicago isn't luck. I was more pointing out that people saying anything can happen in the playoffs doesn't apply to the teams canucks have had the last few years. Therefore, there's no benefit for the canucks in making the playoffs giving us a worse draft pick and keeping the cycle of mediocrity going indefinitely. We need elite superstar talent from the top of the draft if we want to become cup contenders again. 

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Patrick Kane was a little sour during his post-season media availability.

"A team like that (Nashville), you kind of hope they don't win. I don't know if that's necessarily the best way to watch hockey games."

He's right though too many teams these days play collapsing shot blocking suffocate the game crap hockey trying to win every game by 1 goal.

Archived