The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Yute-Blockbuster..would U?

Interesting....

Probably a no to the trade, but you don't anything for nothing.

Demko will be real good, but what could be the limit for DiPietro.... 

People here expecting a first for Vanek or anyone like this in this deep coming draft is going to be mega disappointed.

Fun thing is when people speak about block buster trades, the proposals always seems very one sided. 

This is probably more like what it'll cost to get an extra 1st round ticket at this years draft.

13 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well since you put it that way, ok. Whats missing from the deal is the biggest piece we really need - a true puck moving PP QB D. Sami Salo type shot. If thats what Barzal was I'd probably really consider this. but Demko and Gaudette could quite easily be as valuable to the team as Barzal, and we also have Pettersson on the way. 

So I suppose a lawyer might say come back to the table when you have that D in play :P

Could be that 1st that goes with Barzal, no?

Sorry Jimmy, see you already addressed this, cheers :)

• 7 months later...
On November 15, 2017 at 7:55 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Sometimes on long runs I dream up proposals..helps pass the time/mileage more easily.

Now CDC'ers sure love their yutes..so I figured this would be interesting to throw out there.(note: not hard-sell advocating this. More interested in how valuably we consider ours, vs these NYI assets)

- seems the Isles have long had mediocrity in net

- This would give them 2 bonafied, US college stars

We'd send: Demko & Gaudette..(would we have to add one more piece? Say Rodin or Goldy?)

For: Barzal & the higher of their 2 2018 1st R picks(NYI & Flamers, whichever is better)

Local kid, who might very well become a star in Barzal.

+..this would actually give us THREE chances at landing the 2018 1st OA pick.

Would anyone jump on this?

Never ever happen.. Honestly do you really think NYI would trade Barzal?? Never never.

Barzal is going to be a super star...Need to trade a lot more..

Demko, 1st rounder, 2nd rounder 2020, Gaudette...

Barzal will be NYI 1st line centre next year, the young man is only 20, super star in 2 years...

Lets keep on rebuild and maybe Pettersson can be a elite centre in a few years?

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

Never ever happen.. Honestly do you really think NYI would trade Barzal?? Never never.

Barzal is going to be a super star...Need to trade a lot more..

Demko, 1st rounder, 2nd rounder 2020, Gaudette...

Barzal will be NYI 1st line centre next year, the young man is only 20, super star in 2 years...

Lets keep on rebuild and maybe Pettersson can be a elite centre in a few years?

It's not even a question now(after ROY, & all that)!..Back in Nov I posted this. Interesting that so many people said they wouldn't do it(Canucks' pov!)..just shows how values can go exponential, after a sensational year.

In the end, both franchises must be pleased with their talented youth.

30 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

It's not even a question now(after ROY, & all that)!..Back in Nov I posted this. Interesting that so many people said they wouldn't do it(Canucks' pov!)..just shows how values can go exponential, after a sensational year.

In the end, both franchises must be pleased with their talented youth.

Okay, great idea then...

Archived