The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Adam Lowry RFA

SilentSam

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Just throwing it out there, but the Jets may need to let some go in order to keep others..

Lowry could be one of those who might not be offered enough to make it work.

I see him as a 3-4m player for 3-4 years.

Might be on Bennings list since DDorsett has retired, and a great fit if it transpired..

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/adam-lowry

Adam Lowry would certainly fit the role of fourth line center, but at 24 and possessing the same type of abrasive game as Guddy, I don't see him being available. 

He's been consistent in his young career. Winnipeg brass knows what they're getting with him. If he could be had at the price and term you've proposed, I've little doubt Winnipeg re-signs him.

If he did ever come up as available, however, I'd be all for it.

If he could become a Hanzal from his Arizona days (top-6 level scoring, shutdown defense) then easily sign me up.  You want Hutton?  We got Hutton.  

The main thing that I would try to verify is whether Adam has top-6 upside (I mean 3rd line shutdown center in the long-term is great too but it'd be best if someone could be ready to play 2nd line minutes in a pinch while we await Elias' development).   

On 14/12/2017 at 8:23 AM, Pears said:

Could Hutton+Goldobin get it done? Winnipeg needs a LD since they’re loaded on the right side so I could see them having interest in a guy like Hutton as the main piece. 

I wouldn't do that.  Goldobin has the potential of a first line player so until he realizes it his stock is low.  Huttons stock is at a low right now too. 

I agree that we need a guy like Lowry on our team (badly) but he is going to command a value that will be difficult to justify for a fourth line player once guys like Pettersson and Boeser are due for a re-up.

If we want a monster for the 4th, I feel that's a position we can draft for.

Archived