The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Year's Line Up?

TheGuardian_

Maybe only one Sedin re-signs, Daniel?

I'd love to see 4 young guys in the lineup but I don't see where. Who goes? The vets are signed for another two years.

The team needs Dowd and Archie just to help with hitting, as big as Horvat is, and he is more of a tank then Virtanen, he doesn't hit much or hard, Sven tries but it seems it is something new to him, he never had to that for most of his career, Leipsic, well he just doesn't and he avoids hits when ever he can and is small, Granlund is okay, Guance is one of the few that has size and hits but has trouble scoring.

It is hard to estimate just what the Nucks will do, they haven't/don't/aren't doing anything that would indicate a total rebuild or re-tool. The team is/has loads of roster fillers.

Maybe they are doing something I posted, just keep a group like this around for 6 years or so and load up with high draft picks.

They could sell the future and build a team playoff contender but that is selling the future. There are no UFA's that would want to come to this team, in this city living under a magnifying glass except those that are getting near the end of their careers and are over paid.

Kane won't come here, he has waited to get into the playoffs, he is in a city where he will be essentially ignored and Forget Taveras or other high end FA's for another year.

I think 80% of the team now will be one the ice next year. 

Archived