The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] OMG..McD..Dealt?!

2 hours ago, Pears said:

I honestly don’t think any team in this league has the required package it would take to get McDavid. Multiple established young roster players, high end prospects and first round picks. I know it’s McJesus, but you’d be looking at a return similar to what Gretzky got Edmonton. 

It'll happen once he gets sick of living in that hellhole and demands a trade to an NHL franchise.  They'll be forced to take what they can get.

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Or he further bangs up that knee which needed surgery(didn't closely follow that story SNet was hyping), but apparently he needed/decided foregoing knee-work?

They lucked out. Drai seems as good, & is 4 mill cheaper. Guy's big & durable too.

The gist? Over the next generation(say 10-15 yrs) I bet more teams win it all w/balanced rosters, as opposed to imbalanced teams(2 or 3 guys pulling down 5,6 times more than most teammates).

Last yr's winner is a pretty good example of a balanced roster/salaries(Broon goons too). The yr prior(Caps) is a little closer to the latter.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 6string said:

Bettman would flip lol....

He would love to see McMoses out of Edmonton but to a hockey mad American market - take your pick.

America is where I think he will end up with a deal as you proposed.

McPimple to the Rags?  

• Cheers 1

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] OMG..McD..Dealt?!