The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

This is the type of stuff that gives Pats fans a bad rap. The next Brady? Are you telling me that Mallet is going to be one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history? Bradys don't come around very often.There's believing in your team, and then there is this.

Anyways, hard knocks should be interesting. It will be fun to see how much of Mrs. Tannehill HBO shows. Its going to be the only reason to watch Hard Knocks. There were plenty better options for HBO to pick. I would have been happier if they had chosen the jets again (even though i despise them) just to see how Tebow and Sanchez interact.

Im not sure if anyone saw Chris Johnson's tweet last week, but he was unhappy that Peyton Manning was named the 50th best player of 2012. His argument was that Peyton didnt even play a snap last year, and I have to say I agree with that. I was under the impression that the list was based on the previous year of play, not what a player has done over their career. If that was the case, Brady and Manning would be 1 and 2 every year. Although its possible CJ was angry that he was number 100 on the list of top 100. I believe the full list has been leaked somewhere, but NFL network still has to air the videos for the top 50 I believe. Aaron Rodgers will probably be number 1, with Brady in at second. Brady was number 1 last year.

The funny thing is they've been re-building for the past 3 years lol! :lol:

...When the full re-build takes place, it won't be that big of a deal as long as BB is still with us. Mallet is gonna be basically our next Brady which means QB's taken care of.

Pats release Ochocinco....thought he'd get another chance, but seems like BB has had enough...guy has all the talent in the world, but not the maturity. Hope he finds another home, don't wanna see him retire like this - deserves better.

Edit: Its not Ochco's fault fully though. He didn't get the routes right away and to make matters worse, BB never played him and gave him more chances. Sure he messed up on easy plays and TD's, but still, shoulda let him play until he felt comfortable. I got a feeling he will burn us in a game if he goes to another team, the guy still has superstar talent.

Pats release Ochocinco....thought he'd get another chance, but seems like BB has had enough...guy has all the talent in the world, but not the maturity. Hope he finds another home, don't wanna see him retire like this - deserves better.

Edit: Its not Ochco's fault fully though. He didn't get the routes right away and to make matters worse, BB never played him and gave him more chances. Sure he messed up on easy plays and TD's, but still, shoulda let him play until he felt comfortable. I got a feeling he will burn us in a game if he goes to another team, the guy still has superstar talent.

The guy can't even line up properly in OTA's during the off season let alone during the actual season. Hopefully Oakland and their simplified high school level offense picks him up and Carson Palmer can have another sprinter with some sort of hands running seams and go's

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829ab3e5/article/patriots-rob-gronkowski-agree-to-sixyear-54m-extension?module=HP11_headline_stack

Gronk signs 6 years, $54 million - awesome signing! ...Kinda feel bad for Welker cause of this, but he knows its a business and is in a totally diff. situation than Gronk. .....And things surely would of been diff. if Welker caught that pass in the Super Bowl - very different. Interesting situation now.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/40000/jake-ballard-is-now-on-the-patriots

Patriots claim TE Jake Ballard off waivers from the Giants....don't know why in the world the Giants would waive him....young, huge height, and played very well for them last season....Guess there's a reason behind it, but hopefully BB can make it work with him. Guys like a Gronk version.

Archived