The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

GSP's fight was ridculous... as in LAME! I'm glad he won, but it was just take-down after take-down. That's why I stopped watching the UFC in the first place. Also Fedor would absolutely kill (submission by arm bar) Lesnar.. in the first round.

Perhaps by the 3rd round and the fight is still going they should throw in weapons?

Axes, bats, Katanas, chains, knives, throwing stars etc..

4th round you can do a line of coke with your cornerman.

5th round the lions are released!

Obviously you don't understand the technical side of martial arts.

GSP showed pure domination and amazing martial art skillz!

Perhaps by the 3rd round and the fight is still going they should throw in weapons?

HA HA. GSP showed crazy wrestling and take-down skills. I would have liked to see him at least try for a submission.

Even though Brock won the fight, I do still like Frank Mir better.

Brock rocked him with his punches in the end.

EDIT-

"Imma drink a coors light, because Bud light wont pay me nuthing"

LMAO!

To add to this (quote from wikipedia)

"Lesnar flipped off an aggresive crowd which had been booing the decision, buried the PPV's primary sponsor Bud Light, promoting Coors Light instead, and implied he would have sex with his wife after the show. He would later apologize for his actions in his post-fight press conference, where he held a bottle of Bud Light.[82]"

Can anyone confirm this

?

To add to this (quote from wikipedia)

"Lesnar flipped off an aggresive crowd which had been booing the decision, buried the PPV's primary sponsor Bud Light, promoting Coors Light instead, and implied he would have sex with his wife after the show. He would later apologize for his actions in his post-fight press conference, where he held a bottle of Bud Light.[82]"

Can anyone confirm this

?

confirmed My bro-in-law saw the post interview and said the same thing.

LOL but seriously, technical bouts are one thing, uncompetitive matches are another. It gets boring watching the handful of truly athletically gifted guys the UFC has easily beat down the souped up bouncers that fill out the rest of the roster.

LOL but seriously, technical bouts are one thing, uncompetitive matches are another. It gets boring watching the handful of truly athletically gifted guys the UFC has easily beat down the souped up bouncers that fill out the rest of the roster.

Alves is very good fighter, it just didn't look that way because GSP is soooo much more talented then him.

I would not want to tangle with any fighter in the UFC, not even close.

Well maybe Kalib Starnes :D

Look at the last fight, Fitch vs Thiago, it was 'boring' to the average watcher, but it was extremely technical, anyother person not as talented as either fighter would have been choked out or had a limb broken yet to most it looked as tho they were man hugging the whole time.

GSP fpught to not lose, not to win. Alves is as dangerous as they come, and he fought a smart fight. I'm fine with it, as I'm sure we'll see him at his best finsihing people once he's recovered from the inury.

And once again.... ANYONE interested in going to UFC 102 in Portland?

Alves is very good fighter, it just didn't look that way because GSP is soooo much more talented then him.

I would not want to tangle with any fighter in the UFC, not even close.

Well maybe Kalib Starnes :D

Look at the last fight, Fitch vs Thiago, it was 'boring' to the average watcher, but it was extremely technical, anyother person not as talented as either fighter would have been choked out or had a limb broken yet to most it looked as tho they were man hugging the whole time.

I wonder how much of it is talent, and how much is due to GSP's being bigger, stronger, faster, hard hitting etc than everyone he meets? Physical advantages come into play in every fight sport but only in the UFC does there consistantly seem to be this much of a difference between the elite and the top contenders.

I wonder how much of it is talent, and how much is due to GSP's being bigger, stronger, faster, hard hitting etc than everyone he meets? Physical advantages come into play in every fight sport but only in the UFC does there consistantly seem to be this much of a difference between the elite and the top contenders.

They need to institute the two days of weigh ins. One the day before at noon and one the day of one hour previous to the fight. If you don't make weight you lose your payday.

GSP's fight was ridculous... as in LAME! I'm glad he won, but it was just take-down after take-down. That's why I stopped watching the UFC in the first place. Also Fedor would absolutely kill (submission by arm bar) Lesnar.. in the first round.

Well said.

GSP is pure domination.

Really, I'm pretty sure the sport is in the ring/cage. The weigh ins are not actually part of the sport. They are requirements to fight in the sport.

You have a point, but the weigh ins are still intriguing to fans.

Fans always want to know stats and details for fights. Nothing's better than a 140 pound Gracie against a 220 pound gorilla..... and you know who comes out on top!

Edited by dajusta

They need to institute the two days of weigh ins. One the day before at noon and one the day of one hour previous to the fight. If you don't make weight you lose your payday.

Part of it is the cutting, part of it is that they're not going to be able to attract many top quality athletes with those pathetic average payouts, especially since there aren't all that many of them since UFC guys seem to fight less often compared to other fight sports. That's why they've got so few diamonds and too much coal.

So, I was watching MMA Connected on Sportsnet today and they had Tito Ortiz on it. He mentioned on it how he wants to fight Fedor. Catch weight at 210. He'd get destroyed, but it'd be entertaining watching him get his face smashed in.

Alves was probably the bigger fighter, he cuts trememdous weight for the weigh ins. He didn't make weight against Hughes (174)but Hughes still took the fight at catch weight.

That's kinda hard when you severely pull your groin and nearly tear it during the fight...

Ya he's hurt... Just read something about it on Sportsnet at the bottom where they give lil bit of news of each sport... Can't remember which part it was exactly but

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/UFC-100-Medical...ut-By-NSAC.html

Georges St. Pierre: Must have right groin injury cleared by orthopedic doctor or no contest until Jan. 8, 2010. Suspended until at least Aug. 11 and no contact until Aug. 2