The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Dos Santos has a real shot. I think he hits harder than Cain and he has a more reputable ground game (although Cain has the edge on takedowns/wrestling). Cain I think has the endurance and striking accuracy advantage.

That will be a good fight.

I was NOT impressed at all with Shields. I thought the fight could have gone either way, and it showed his weakness in on the ground. Shields had no problem improving his position on the ground, but he didn't do ANYTHING with it. Also, Kaampman got up pretty easily. Shields also showed he either didn't respect Kaampman's submission abilities or is weak in submission defence. In any case, GSP has a huge advantage in every category over this clown. GSP is a better striker, a better wrestler, better takedowns, better takedown defence, arguably better BJJ, and more endurance (Shields was a wreck in the final round).

Edited by JAH

^ I dont think everyones forgot about that it's just that the Lesnar fight was just a few days ago ppl are still going to be talking about it for awhile. Gsp and Kos is still about a month and 2 weeks away.

No I mean all I hear is how Shields will fight GSP next even though GSP hasn't beaten Koscheck to retain... yet.

Gah TUF was lame tonight... Dane Sayers vs. Sako Chivitchian... That would probably have gone to a 3rd round had Sako not grabbed the fence twice... Can't wait for the next round. It's gonna be good

I cant belive the ref didnt take a point for that. He would have had a takedown in the first and most likely 2 in the second. It should be automatic, grab the fence to stop a takedown, lose a point.

I didnt see the decision cause my PVR cut out. I guess the show ran long because of the world series. Was Koschek a douche again?

Edited by JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

I cant belive the ref didnt take a point for that. He would have had a takedown in the first and most likely 2 in the second. It should be automatic, grab the fence to stop a takedown, lose a point.

I didnt see the decision cause my PVR cut out. I guess the show ran long because of the world series. Was Koschek a douche again?

The ref warned him like 3-4 times to stop grabbing on the fence. Should have been at least a 1 point deduction. Absolute garbage. Oh well. Based on that performance, it seems like Sako doesn't have the skill set to go up against Johnson and Brookins. That fight was not impressive at all.

As for Koscheck, he didn't do anything immature this time after Sako won. He had nothing to boast about. The fight was pretty lackluster.

UFC is merging with the WEC.

This means 2 new and exciting weight divisions, Featherweight and Bantamweight and most importantly, Jose Aldo!

Also, the winner of Ben Henderson vs Anthony Pettis will fight the winner of Gray Maynard vs Frankie Edgar.

This is huge news for the UFC because it means that there will be many new fighters in the UFC and we could even see a guy like Kid Yamamoto finally fight in the UFC.

135. It's the division Urijah Faber is now fighting in because he got his butt kicked out of featherweight thanks to Jose Aldo.

I'm REALLY looking forward to hopefully seeing Henderson and Edgar unify the two titles.

There's a lot to be happy about with this move. UFC LWs now who are maybe a little undersized now have more options as far as weight classes without sacrificing pay

Will also be good for the UFC as far as exciting fights are concerned. Some people have complained recently about boring cards, that is almost never the case in the 145 and 135 divisions. The vast majority of WEC fights were extremely entertaining, smaller guys who just go toe to toe and don't get tired.

There's a lot to be happy about with this move. UFC LWs now who are maybe a little undersized now have more options as far as weight classes without sacrificing pay

Will also be good for the UFC as far as exciting fights are concerned. Some people have complained recently about boring cards, that is almost never the case in the 145 and 135 divisions. The vast majority of WEC fights were extremely entertaining, smaller guys who just go toe to toe and don't get tired.

Uriah Faber fights in the past have been extremely boring