The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

So just got back tonight from Vegas....

WOW!! If you've never been to a live UFC ppv, I suggest you splurge and go. It is sooooooo worth it. My seats were up a bit higher and yet I saw everything. There's tonnes of big screens around the arena too. Best crowd I've ever experienced!!

As far as Randy/Brock goes, I kinda saw it coming. I just didn't think Randy would get caught like that. It was disappointing to witness that live. But other than that, it was a helluva show!!

Met/saw a lot of the guys too: BJ, Huerta, GSP, Loiseau, Mir, Bonnar, Franca, Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan, Crappy thing was my camera battery died near the end of the show, so I couldn't get any good pictures. I actually met Junie from TUF too.... super nice guy!

But last night around 2:30am at Treasure Island, my buddy and I ran into Nate Quarry. The ONLY pic I ended up getting with one of the fighters (I'm in the Nucks shirt):

PB090855.jpg

nice. Did you get a chance to talk to the other fighters or did you just pass by them and say hi or something?

list of people i want to see fight lesnar

1.fedor

2.nogueira

3.tim sylvia

fedor and nougeria i think can beat lesnar, but with sylvia i just want to see how he would go up against a guy whose bigger than him

yeah good list.

I also want him to face the young big heavyweights to see how he would do.

Alex Emelianenko 6'6 253

Josh Barnett 6'3 250

Mirko CroCop 6'1 230

Sergei Kharitonov 6'4 242

Alistair Overeem 6'5 240

Shane Carwin 6 ft 1 264

Only Carwin is signed with the UFC. UFC needs to bring in the big guns in heavyweight to test Brock. Their division is so weak at the moment. 2nd worst after middleweight.

edit: and Gabriel Gonzaga in the UFC.

Edited by Pfizer

yeah good list.

Alex Emelianenko 6'6 253

Josh Barnett 6'3 250

Mirko CroCop 6'1 230

Alistair Overeem 6'5 240

Shane Carwin 6 ft 1 264

Only Carwin is signed with the UFC. UFC needs to bring in the big guns in heavyweight to test Brock. Their division is so weak at the moment. 2nd worst after middleweight.

I really want to see Carwin fight Lesnar, he has way better stand-up. I remember hearing Joe say that Carwin has bigger gloves than Brock.

What's going on with Chieck Kongo? Last fight I saw him in had to be at least 6 months ago. He's one scary looking dude, I don't understand why we haven't seen him in more HW fights. Maybe because his last fight wasn't entertaining enough?*

Edit: *Which is hard to believe because they seem to give that scrub Tim Sylvia all the chances in the world

Edited by FinFan

I really want to see Carwin fight Lesnar, he has way better stand-up. I remember hearing Joe say that Carwin has bigger gloves than Brock.

What's going on with Chieck Kongo? Last fight I saw him in had to be at least 6 months ago. He's one scary looking dude, I don't understand why we haven't seen him in more HW fights. Maybe because his last fight wasn't entertaining enough?*

Edit: *Which is hard to believe because they seem to give that scrub Tim Sylvia all the chances in the world

Yeah its weird. When Gonzaga lost to Werdum i think in the next fight Gonzaga was on the undercard. This is the dude that high kicked CroCop! that was one of the craziest ko's ever. To see a guy built like a truck event attempt to kick at someones head.

I think it might have to do with the fact that the UFC guys only fight basically once every 5-6 months and that the heavyweight division is pretty weak. It sucks to see Wanderlei silva and chuck liddell fight only once every 5 months too.

Carwin seems to be a wrecking machine. Ive never seen a record like this.

Win Neil Wain TKO (Punches) 1 1:31

Win Christian Wellisch KO (Punch) 1 0:44

Win Sherman Pendergarst TKO (Punches) 1 1:41

Win Rex Richards Submission (Guillotine Choke) 1 1:24

Win Rick Slaton KO 1 0:49

Win Chris Guillen Submission 1 0:29

Win Justice Smith TKO 1 0:31

Win Jay McCown Submission 1 1:31

Win Casey Jackson Submission (Guillotine Choke) 1 0:22

Win Carlton Jones Submission (Strikes) 1 2:11

In 10 fights he has a combined fight time of 10 minutes. haha. Thats undheard of. He knocks out everyone in basically a minute.

yeah good list.

Alex Emelianenko 6'6 253

Josh Barnett 6'3 250

Mirko CroCop 6'1 230

Alistair Overeem 6'5 240

Shane Carwin 6 ft 1 264

edit: and Gabriel Gonzaga in the UFC.

I would add Cain Velasquez in there as well. IMO, he could be the man.

And to answer your earlier question, I mostly just saw the fighters. We did actually meet Junie Browning and Nate Quarry, as well as Mike Goldberg.

Roger Huerta walked right beside me with his hoody on and I didn't even notice it was him until some girl shouted ROGER!!! He turned around and I was like DAMMIT!!! :lol:

BJ walked right by me at a slot machine while I was waiting for my buddy getting a beer. I said "BJ" and he gave me the signature Hawaiian hand gesture. What do you call that anyway? :huh:

I would add Cain Velasquez in there as well. IMO, he could be the man.

And to answer your earlier question, I mostly just saw the fighters. We did actually meet Junie Browning and Nate Quarry, as well as Mike Goldberg.

Roger Huerta walked right beside me with his hoody on and I didn't even notice it was him until some girl shouted ROGER!!! He turned around and I was like DAMMIT!!! :lol:

BJ walked right by me at a slot machine while I was waiting for my buddy getting a beer. I said "BJ" and he gave me the signature Hawaiian hand gesture. What do you call that anyway? :huh:

A premonition of an donkey kicking by GSP.

GSP/BJ Penn/Dana White were just on the Score. I was watching during my lunch break. ill paraphrase:

Dana was asked "well GSP and BJ penn have been considered 2 of the best p4p fighters in the world along with others like anderson silva. Do you believe the winner of this fight will then be crowed the best p4p fighter in the world?"

Dana "well they would be in the running but anderson silva is still the best p4p fighter in the world"

??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see its crap like this that makes me hate this Dana White anderson silva p4p crap. BJ penn and GSP are the arguably the best p4p fighters in the world. Far Ahead of Silva. Now never in UFC history have 2 p4p fighters actually fought each other.

BJ penn has fought at LW,WW, MW, LHW. at all divisions and has been super competitive. GSP has annihilated the greatest WW in the deepest division in the UFC. (LHW might be considered the best now after the pride merger)

Then these two will square off. The winner is the best p4p no doubt after this match.

Dana is on Silva's balls. What is he thinking? Yes.. GSP and BJ have been super dominant..

but Anderson Silva beat Dan Henderson and Rich Franklin and some cans.. and so BJ would have to beat GSP, , Fedor, Rampage and them maybe... just maybe... they might be better than Silva :rolleyes:

I like BJ Penns answer when the anchor asked him the same question

"Do you think the winner of this fight is the best p4p in the world"

BJ "without a doubt. to be the best p4p you have to beat the best, we are the 2 best"

hahaha Dana's face im sure off camera was like.. dont kill the hype!

Edited by Pfizer

Anyone going to go meet Anderson Silva this Saturday from 11-4 at ReFlex in Surrey?

I think you need to buy $100 worth of products from it to get his autograph.

Lol, lame. Poor Silva, getting shipped out to Surrey of all places?