The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Yes you can thats why its a matter of opinion.

YOU have to decide and evaluate how good the competition is.

Don't rely on just wins.

If you feel that GSP has fought worse competition thats perfectly fine. ;) But dont make the argument that Fedor is better than GSP p4p because he hasn't lost.

Because then you are using a boxers mentality. When you have a guy that is 20-5 against a dude is 66-0. and you think damn! the guy must be amazing but then you see the record and you notice half is fights were against midgets and one armed boxers.

That is exactly what you are looking at when you look at GSP's record. Why do you think he cuts weight to fight in his division. Because he doesn't think he can win in the above division. I wish the UFC would do the right thing and have two weigh ins. THe day before and an hour before the fight. That would cure a lot of the Water cutting.

Edited by Harbinger

That is exactly what you are looking at when you look at GSP's record. Why do you think he cuts weight to fight in his division. Because he doesn't think he can win in the above division. I wish the UFC would do the right thing and have two weigh ins. THe day before and an hour before the fight. That would cure a lot of the Water cutting.

If he cut weight to fight in a weak division I would call him on it. The fact is he cuts weight (like everyone else) to fight in the deepest division in the UFC.

Weight cutting is a part of the sport. You have to be good to do it. You can't just cut and fight. Many guys get weak when they do it.

I honestly think if Fedor cut weight to fight in LHW he would lose. Hes better keeping the weight on and fighting in a weaker division if he wants to remain undefeated.

If he cut weight to fight in a weak division I would call him on it. The fact is he cuts weight (like everyone else) to fight in the deepest division in the UFC.

Weight cutting is a part of the sport. You have to be good to do it. You can't just cut and fight. Many guys get weak when they do it.

I honestly think if Fedor cut weight to fight in LHW he would lose. Hes better keeping the weight on and fighting in a weaker division if he wants to remain undefeated.

Fedor wouldn't cut weight to fight smaller guys. Guys in the lhw cut weight so they don't have to fight fedor.

Guys anyone know when the UFC cards will be released :D

check on the TOPPS site. They are the ones making it i think.

Fedor wouldn't cut weight to fight smaller guys. Guys in the lhw cut weight so they don't have to fight fedor.

Kind of like Randy Couture who got demolished in LHW by Chuck Liddell but then moved up to HW to become HW champion by beating Tim Sylvia and then everyone thought he would beat Fedor?

or like Alistair Overeem who lost at LHW, but then moved up to win at Heavyweight and tooled Mirko Cro Cop?

Brandon Vera? who people thought could be the heavyweight champion but then lost at LHW?

Fedor is much faster then most heavweights. At LHW quickness wouldnt not be an issue. I think he would lose in a cage. He would do well but would eventually lose in the cage when he is forced to fight good fighters ALWAYS, not every now and then inbetween japanese circus shows.

check on the TOPPS site. They are the ones making it i think.

Kind of like Randy Couture who got demolished in LHW by Chuck Liddell but then moved up to HW to become HW champion by beating Tim Sylvia and then everyone thought he would beat Fedor?

or like Alistair Overeem who lost at LHW, but then moved up to win at Heavyweight and tooled Mirko Cro Cop?

Brandon Vera? who people thought could be the heavyweight champion but then lost at LHW?

Fedor is much faster then most heavweights. At LHW quickness wouldnt not be an issue. I think he would lose in a cage. He would do well but would eventually lose in the cage when he is forced to fight good fighters ALWAYS, not every now and then inbetween japanese circus shows.

Overeem Is nothing more than a kick boxer. Brandon Vera is a nobody at any weight class. talking about Randy and chuck. That is why they call it a punchers chance.

Here is the major difference. I would put fedor against anyone right now the way he is. I couldn't do the same for GSP.

lol look man, emelianenko may be skilled.. but he'd get rock'n'chopped in the LHW division in the UFC

guys like Rashad Evans and Lyoto Machida would give him a pretty tough time in the octagon

if u look at fedor's career in retrospect... his fighting style wouldnt be too effective in the UFC and he hasnt fought the world's best fighters exactly.

he sometimes just moves outta the way n lets the fight roll in an attempt to find an opening

like what happened against arlovski.. arlovski had him in cornered, groggy.. n then he came up outta

no where with the big right hand. In the UFC.. he woulda got knocked out in that situation by a fighter like Rashad Evans or Machida

even in the HW division.. lesnar wouldve rocked him if he had him cornered like Arlovski did.

lol look man, emelianenko may be skilled.. but he'd get rock'n'chopped in the LHW division in the UFC

guys like Rashad Evans and Lyoto Machida would give him a pretty tough time in the octagon

if u look at fedor's career in retrospect... his fighting style wouldnt be too effective in the UFC and he hasnt fought the world's best fighters exactly.

he sometimes just moves outta the way n lets the fight roll in an attempt to find an opening

like what happened against arlovski.. arlovski had him in cornered, groggy.. n then he came up outta

no where with the big right hand. In the UFC.. he woulda got knocked out in that situation by a fighter like Rashad Evans or Machida

even in the HW division.. lesnar wouldve rocked him if he had him cornered like Arlovski did.

LOL.

Overeem Is nothing more than a kick boxer. Brandon Vera is a nobody at any weight class. talking about Randy and chuck. That is why they call it a punchers chance.

Here is the major difference. I would put fedor against anyone right now the way he is. I couldn't do the same for GSP.

I would do the same. Because the competition GSP faces is much tougher.

No one in mixed martial arts has fought more top fighters than GSP. no one.

I would do the same. Because the competition GSP faces is much tougher.

No one in mixed martial arts has fought more top fighters than GSP. no one.

Who has he fought that is top ranked? Matt Hughes 3 times. that's it. Bj penn is lightweight.

Edited by Harbinger

Who has he fought that is top ranked? Matt Hughes 3 times. that's it. Bj penn is lightweight.

The top contender in UFC WW is the top contender in the world, not just the UFC.

You cant say that for other divisions.

When he fought Frank Trigg he was ranked #2.

When he fought Sean Sherk only Hughes has beaten him. He was #2 at WW.

BJ Penn is a lightweight that gave Lyoto Machida trouble. BJ penn is consistently ranked 4-5 p4p in the world. Not just LW. BJ is the only non Brazilian to win the world jiu jitsu championship without a point scored against him too. Prior to yesterdays beatdown everyone was calling this a close fight. BJ has fought and beaten mw's like Renzo Gracie, Duange Ludwig. You arent talking about JUST a LW. He is p4p one of the best in the world skill wise.

Fitch is a top contender #2.

Mahem Miller was top fighter at the time and is still a wicked MW.

He beat Karo when Karo was on his game and was a top contender. He was suppose to fight Matt Hughes remember but he got injured. Then he became a gatekeeper.

The top contender in UFC WW is the top contender in the world, not just the UFC.

You cant say that for other divisions.

When he fought Frank Trigg he was ranked #2.

When he fought Sean Sherk only Hughes has beaten him. He was #2 at WW.

BJ Penn is a lightweight that gave Lyoto Machida trouble. BJ penn is consistently ranked 4-5 p4p in the world. Not just LW. BJ is the only non Brazilian to win the world jiu jitsu championship without a point scored against him too. Prior to yesterdays beatdown everyone was calling this a close fight. BJ has fought and beaten mw's like Renzo Gracie, Duange Ludwig. You arent talking about JUST a LW. He is p4p one of the best in the world skill wise.

Fitch is a top contender #2.

Mahem Miller was top fighter at the time and is still a wicked MW.

He beat Karo when Karo was on his game and was a top contender. He was suppose to fight Matt Hughes remember but he got injured. Then he became a gatekeeper.

Fitch is a nobody, Miller is a nobody. Karo is a nobody . BjPenn has been the best fighter he has fought in 2 years and he's a lightweight fighter. Sherk is another natural lightweight. Trigg. well twinkle toes is a true gate keeper.

There hasn't been any real good fighters in that division in some time now. That is why GSP is now fighting lightweights as a Light heavy weight.

This is why the UFC is so screwed. Joe Silva and Dana White rank people how they see fit.

Edited by Harbinger

Fitch is a nobody, Miller is a nobody. Karo is a nobody . BjPenn has been the best fighter he has fought in 2 years and he's a lightweight fighter. Sherk is another natural lightweight. Trigg. well twinkle toes is a true gate keeper.

There hasn't been any real good fighters in that division in some time now. That is why GSP is now fighting lightweights as a Light heavy weight.

fitch is tough as nails.

trigg is a middleweight.

miller is a middleweight.

karo is a nobody.. now.

sherk is a nobody.. now.

I mean if you put it that way, then Fedor has just beat UFC bums. Guys that got kicked out of the UFC for losing. And the guys he did beat Cro Cop and Noguiera look like pure crap in the UFC. Tim Sylvia? Who got ko'd by Couture in the first minute, and who couldnt finish a broken handed brandon vera (a small hw) and Arlovski who has a suspect chin.

I think Fedor is great just that hes 2nd on the list p4p. Hes undefeated but the guys he fought were not well rounded. I feel the guys GSP fought are great in all areas of fighting.

fitch is tough as nails.

trigg is a middleweight.

miller is a middleweight.

karo is a nobody.. now.

sherk is a nobody.. now.

I mean if you put it that way, then Fedor has just beat UFC bums. Guys that got kicked out of the UFC for losing. And the guys he did beat Cro Cop and Noguiera look like pure crap in the UFC. Tim Sylvia? Who got ko'd by Couture in the first minute, and who couldnt finish a broken handed brandon vera (a small hw) and Arlovski who has a suspect chin.

I think Fedor is great just that hes 2nd on the list p4p. Hes undefeated but the guys he fought were not well rounded. I feel the guys GSP fought are great in all areas of fighting.

He fights guys two weight classes lower than his weight to gain a size advantage. Why isn't he fighting guys his own size? Because it would become a disadvantage to him. I would wager last night he came in at lhw.

Edited by Harbinger

He fights guys two weight classes lower than his weight to gain a size advantage. Why isn't he fighting guys his own size? Because it would become a disadvantage to him. I would wager last night he came in at lhw.

:blink: dude he maxes out at 187.

mw's come in at 210.

lhw's come in at 230 on fight day.

If he fought at MW he would be one of the smallest guys there.

The largest fighters arent the best. There comes a point where the weight actually goes against you, hence why many heavyweights aren't atheletes and move so slow.

:blink: dude he maxes out at 187.

mw's come in at 210.

lhw's come in at 230 on fight day.

If he fought at MW he would be one of the smallest guys there.

The largest fighters arent the best. There comes a point where the weight actually goes against you, hence why many heavyweights aren't atheletes and move so slow.

I've seen articles with Him being over 200. he's 187 before the last week of cuts. You have just made my point. He comes in large to fight smaller opponents. Which takes away from his p4p standing. If he was the best P4p he would have no problem fighting guys that are larger than him.