The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Wow. I just got down from Burnaby Mountain in time. It was an absolute farce. The entire road to the school is backed up, with a 5-7 car accident on the apex of the curve as you approach the campus. At least three medium-sized sedans, two translink buses involved. Idiots were still coming up to.

The path down was worse. NO ONE was going any faster than 20, and I was put-putting along at a generous 10. It took me about half an hour to get from West Mall parkade, to Highway One Westbound on-ramp

To all those who are stuck up there right now...get cozy. I'm not quite so sure you'll be coming down anytime soon, as the path down the mountain was littered with (no exaggeration) about a half-dozen accidents, and about 10-12 folks pulled off to the side of the road.

Thank the good lord I made it down in time. I mean...I drive a freakin '93 Protege automatic with no winter tires. Hail Mary's were the order of the day on my descent.

Good luck to those stuck up there. Find a comfy couch.

Edited by Sonic_Youth

Wow. I just got down from Burnaby Mountain in time. It was an absolute farce. The entire road to the school is backed up, with a 5-7 car accident on the apex of the curve as you approach the campus. At least three medium-sized sedans, two translink buses involved. Idiots were still coming up to.

The path down was worse. NO ONE was going any faster than 20, and I was put-putting along at a generous 10. It took me about half an hour to get from West Mall parkade, to Highway One Westbound on-ramp

To all those who are stuck up there right now...get cozy. I'm not quite so sure you'll be coming down anytime soon, as the path down the mountain was littered with (no exaggeration) about a half-dozen accidents, and about 10-12 folks pulled off to the side of the road.

Thank the good lord I made it down in time. I mean...I drive a freakin '93 Protege automatic with no winter tires. Hail Mary's were the order of the day on my descent.

Good luck to those stuck up there. Find a comfy couch.

I wasn't able to grab a bus before they stopped, but my step-dad came and grabbed me and 2 friends in his truck and took us home. We had to walk 5 minutes down the hill, but it was no big deal...I actually enjoy walking in the snow