The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Try this one on for size, when your car starts sliding that the wheel cranks for you. That's when you've lost all control and can't do anything except hope for the best.

Or be like the guy in front of us and slam on the gas, pull the break, do a doughnut, and SMASH into a tree.

Try this one on for size, when your car starts sliding that the wheel cranks for you. That's when you've lost all control and can't do anything except hope for the best.

Why would I try that on for size?

I know how to drive in the snow... My dad had that happen to him during the big snowstorms of '96. But not since then.

Generally, that will occur, when you are going too fast ......

there is black ice on the portmann

mary hill is said to be a skating rink - trucks have jacknifed etc and pulled over, hwy 1 in the valley is said to be in bad shape with trucks in ditches etc

fraser hwy is said to be really bad too

the police have told people not to drive anywhere unless its an emergency - advising people to stay home and stay off the roads

More like one and a half, Friday is is like only 3 hours, but I have three tests tomorrow, if I just don't go I might get a zero on them, if school is canceled the test will be set to a later date.

Ahh I see. I hate it when teachers do that right before breaks. Well good luck with those tests. I don't think school's going to be closed.

-EDIT-

Nevermind. I just heard Surrey is pretty bad right now. Maybe you won't have school tomorrow.

Edited by Stinky Tofu

Why would I try that on for size?

I know how to drive in the snow... My dad had that happen to him during the big snowstorms of '96. But not since then.

Generally, that will occur, when you are going too fast ......

First off, I wasn't actually telling you to try it, so quit the douchebaggery.

And no matter how fast you're going, when you hit black ice, you're going to lose it and the car will go where it wants until it can grip again. I've bit it at 40 on the freeway before. I've been in a vehicle that nearly slid into a pole leaving a parking lot. I've been in another that hit a snowbank doing 30 on the Coq, the latter being someone who's well versed with driving in the snow.

And I know how to drive in the snow too, it's the ice that's always a problem.

Ahh I see. I hate it when teachers do that right before breaks. Well good luck with those tests. I don't think school's going to be closed.

Lol and two teachers just told us this week, one of those two just confirmed it today that we will have it, before that she wasn't sure if tomm would be a good time. It's snowing pretty hard in Surrey, if it goes on till at least 7 or 8am there is a chance.

Lol and two teachers just told us this week, one of those two just confirmed it today that we will have it, before that she wasn't sure if tomm would be a good time. It's snowing pretty hard in Surrey, if it goes on till at least 7 or 8am there is a chance.

So what you're saying is that the teacher dominated all the students?

First off, I wasn't actually telling you to try it, so quit the douchebaggery.

And no matter how fast you're going, when you hit black ice, you're going to lose it and the car will go where it wants until it can grip again. I've bit it at 40 on the freeway before. I've been in a vehicle that nearly slid into a pole leaving a parking lot. I've been in another that hit a snowbank doing 30 on the Coq, the latter being someone who's well versed with driving in the snow.

And I know how to drive in the snow too, it's the ice that's always a problem.

Sorry for my baggery... but I didn't like the start of your previous post... we all good?

I personally find that Ice is more perdictable compared to snow. The ice will make you slid, but doesn't "toss" you like 30+ cms of snow.

But as I stated that is IMO...

abbotsford is pretty much a nightmare right now.

i don't think any of the roads have been plowed at all.

it is pretty much a white out right now in some places.

i just talked to my best friend who lives in chilliwack but works and abby and she has to stay at her parents in abby for the night because a lot of portions of the highway between here and chilliwack are closed completely.

i want it to stop. :(