The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Yes another system on the way.. we'll see if Environment Canada is accurate this time.

Greater Vancouver

10:04 AM PST Monday 28 January 2008

Snowfall warning for

Greater Vancouver continued

10 to 20 cm of snow over the Queen Charlottes by Tuesday. 5 to 15 cm of snow across the south coast starting tonight. This is a warning that significant snowfall is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

A intense frontal system approaching the north coast will reach the south coast tonight. Ahead of the front snow has begun over the Queen Charlottes and will continue through Tuesday with snowfall accumulations of 15 to 20 cm by Tuesday afternoon. Snow will begin to develop across the south coast tonight with snowfall amounts of 5 to 10 cm for most areas by Tuesday afternoon. Snow could be heavy at times over East Vancouver Island and the Fraser Valley where up to 15 cm can be expected by Tuesday evening.

Meanwhile an Arctic ridge of high pressure will persist over northern British Columbia. Cold temperatures combined with strong outflow winds will continue to produce wind chill values of near or below minus 20 through Tuesday.

I doubt the snow will last. Only a couple centimetres here in Tsawwassen and it seems like its melting away.

Hopefully we'll get a blizzard but I HIGHLY doubt that.

Why would you hope for a blizzard?

I'm having a hard enough time as it is driving in this snow :(...

you guys have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO idea what it's like to have a good hockey team.

Hahahahahaa :lol:

I still don't get why flamers come here? They get harrased left right and centre.

Anyway, I wouldn't really want a "Calgary style" winter anyway. I prefer it here, going crazy over a few centimeters.

ZOMG! 15 MORE centimeters! i have exams tommorwww!

Edited by 6salopyatt9

Hahahahahaa :lol:

I still don't get why flamers come here? They get harrased left right and centre.

Anyway, I wouldn't really want a "Calgary style" winter anyway. I prefer it here, going crazy over a few centimeters.

the funny thing is...calgary's colder than we are (albeit a dry cold as opposed to a moist cold here that goes right to your bones), but they get less snow than Vancouver

whens the last time in snowed 30 or 40cm in Calgary?? heck even 20??

we've had a few storms like that the last few years, and possibly another one on the way tonight

id rather deal with cold than snow..snow just makes a mess and tought to get anywhere

You guys have NOOOO idea what winter is.

I remember when I was really young living in Montreal, we would get 2-3 feet of snow over a weekend. You are pretty much trapped at home when that happens. They do plow and salt the roads, but it wasn't worth going out in.