The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

man richmond is pissing me off! Snow already ????! I dont want to wake up to like lil bit of snow covering the grass, i wanna see absolute snow chaos like the one we had in November 2006.

LOL.. south van stinks.. barley ever snows that much... i hope school gets canceled tho..

That restaurant is such a cult....get out man.....get out while you can!

My last day is Feb 13. I start at Milestone's West Van on the 15th. Eight and a half years here.... end of an era!

They expect you to stay open until 2am? Are there any cars on the streets on Marine right now?

Make yourself a cozy bed somewhere and have a hayday with faucet propelled drinks, seriously...you need to keep a trickle going so the pipes don't freeze and cost thousands of dollars worth of damage right?!

Love the idea. But Marine Drive is actually decent right now. It'll be worse in an hour or so I'm sure.

What really sucks is having to sit and wait here for four more hours, when I live basically at the bottom of Grouse Mountain. The roads are gonna be absolutely brutal after 2am. :(

My last day is Feb 13. I start at Milestone's West Van on the 15th. Eight and a half years here.... end of an era!

Love the idea. But Marine Drive is actually decent right now. It'll be worse in an hour or so I'm sure.

What really sucks is having to sit and wait here for four more hours, when I live basically at the bottom of Grouse Mountain. The roads are gonna be absolutely brutal after 2am. :(

hahah I think that's a natural transition.

My buddy who got me the job at BP went straight from there to Milestone's too.

He likes Milestone's a lot better....of course he's not managing anymore which helps a lot I think.

It seems like a way better place to work. Good Luck!

You won't be able to get home unless you have 4 wheel drive.

And then what?

Where would they like you to go then?

Are you a manager there? If so, call up your boss and ask what they would like the staff to do...no customers, snow coming down as was warned and people told to stay home unless it is an emergency...would they like the staff to stay there and then attempt to get home or would they prefer to close up early and prevent staff injuries/deaths/lawsuits. Their call.

Update: Marine Drive in North Van is starting to become pretty covered.

And for fun, I checked out The Weather Network's forecast for the prairies. My god, how do they live like this:

Regina -30 (-48 Windchill) SNOW

Winnipeg -20 (-38 Windchill) SNOW

Seriously, how do we even begin to complain here on the West Coast?