The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

shhtening snow

It's what now?

Anyways... weird day. I woke up at 7:30, when the sun came up I could see it. Then it disappeared. Then I saw blue sky above me. All the while it was snowing. Still snowing a little.

I was at Vancouver just 30 min ago it was sunny with little flurries.

I'm at Burnaby right now and it sh!tting snow!!! woah!

Snowfall warning for

Greater Vancouver issued

5 to 10 cm of snow along a stationary band stretching from new westminster to coquitlam.

This is a warning that significant snowfall is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

A stationary band of snow has developed over the central suburbs of Greater Vancouver. New westminster burnaby coquitlam and port moody are currently affected by this localized band of snow. 5 to 10 cm of snow can be expected out of this localized band before easing later this afternoon. Elsewhere mainly cloudy skies and a chance of flurries can be expected for the remainder of the day.

woo its finally coming down fairly hard here in the slurrey.

Personally I don't see why so many people fear the snow. Obviously they havn't driven in snow before. Like the idiots that try to drive in the tire marks of another car. Fact is, it is easier and safer to make your own track marks when driving in the snow on side streets. The compacted snow from tire treads freeze easier and as such becomes more slipperly.

The trick in driving in snow is so very obvious, don't expect to go the speed limit (AT TIMES) don't go too slow (It pisses us drivers that can drive in the snow off), give lots of space between you and the car infront of you, don't think that that space is enough to cut in to that lane if you are changing lanes either, do not slam on your brakes; tap 'em just give them a little tap tap tap-a-roo (Happy Gilmore refrence) be smart. If you can meet all those criteria who gives that its snowing, its beautiful easy to drive in and fun to play in (espeically if you have kids, god kids, nieces and nephews, or dogs etc)

Only thing that bothers me is that I wont be able to play pond hockey tonight unless we take trunes shovelling the snow off the ice.