The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Transit Thread

nitronuts

Lamar Advertising is responsible for most of Translink's advertising operations, and they plan to install LED advertising screens on 100 buses in time for the Olympics.

ohh so it is purely fo olympics. kinda lame 8| i dont see them anymore.

thanks nitro, always there to answer any question =P

ohh so it is purely fo olympics. kinda lame 8| i dont see them anymore.

thanks nitro, always there to answer any question =P

lol, no it's not just for the Olympics. They are permanent fixtures, but they plan on installing them onto 100 buses in time for the Games.

IMG_0353.jpg

This is horrible. I hate to see what its like during the Olympics.

The Canada Line project is a massive failure.

Wow, overdramatic much? Yeah, it will be very crowded for the Olympics. What city's transportation system isn't crowded when they host the Olympics? The line wasn't built just to serve a 2 week period in February 2010...

Wow, overdramatic much? Yeah, it will be very crowded for the Olympics. What city's transportation system isn't crowded when they host the Olympics? The line wasn't built just to serve a 2 week period in February 2010...

^ i think Vancouver's transportation problems will be substantially much worse than previous Winter Games host cities.

BTW, this is the Canada Line equiavlent that Torino built for 2006:

atrio_xviii_dicembre.jpg

gallery_stazioni_3.jpg

gallery_stazioni_4.jpg

gallery_stazioni_5.jpg

gallery_stazioni_6.jpg

VJ0E4192.jpg

centrale_servizio_070203.jpg

VJ0E4228.jpg

stazioni_4.jpg

^ Brighouse will eventually get a proper bus loop, just not right away. There will also be a new development next to the station and bus loop.

10kc2.png

I'm just surprised that with the reconfiguration of the ENTIRE Richmond Center exchange bay configuration, we're shoving every bus that services Richmond onto 2 streets. At least the configuration back then (when there was the 98, but no RAV Line construction) was still evenly spread out over several streets and many bays.

That makes our train system look even more pitifully short of Torino's, doesn't it?

Maybe it has something to do with the nature of Vancouver. For example, maybe if people on Cambie would stop SUING Translink they'd have more money to make the line better!

^ i think Vancouver's transportation problems will be substantially much worse than previous Winter Games host cities.

BTW, this is the Canada Line equiavlent that Torino built for 2006:

gallery_stazioni_6.jpg

Woah...nifty! I assume that's to stop people from jumping on the tracks?