6:02am to 9:47am 15 mins

9:47am to 12:17am 10 mins

12:17am to 1:32am 15 mins

1:32am to 2:02am 30 mins

Departing Waterfront

Monday to Sunday 6:01am / 2:16am

Departing Lonsdale Quay

6:02am / 2:02am

http://tripplanning.translink.ca/hiwire?.a=iScheduleLookupSearch&LineName=998&LineAbbr=998

Edited by nwdivision

If not it could be the mascot in the planning thread.

I look forward to the day something gets planned in yours, or jr's or nitro's neighbourhood you disagree with and you become the grossly simplified stereotypical 'nimby's' you all so clearly despise.

Edited by inane

I look forward to the day something gets planned in yours, or jr's or nitro's neighbourhood you disagree with and you become the grossly simplified stereotypical 'nimby's' you all so clearly despise.

Uhhh, that already happens all the time. I just tend to make the best of it rather than whine all the time. Just like most people. It's not exactly uncommon for people to recognise that although something is a personal inconvenience it can have value to the greater good. The minority of people that do all the yelling are just that, a minority. Why they are given so much credence is beyond me. What's funny is it's not even consistant. In the valley you can bet that local homeowners that already have theirs want nothing to do with more people, more traffic, and less greenspace yet they are overridden by a minority of developers. In Vancouver at least they listen to the taxpayers and residents, even if it does shut out the middle class and push everyone out into the suburbs.

Uhhh, that already happens all the time. I just tend to make the best of it rather than whine all the time. Just like most people. It's not exactly uncommon for people to recognise that although something is a personal inconvenience it can have value to the greater good. The minority of people that do all the yelling are just that, a minority. Why they are given so much credence is beyond me. What's funny is it's not even consistant. In the valley you can bet that local homeowners that already have theirs want nothing to do with more people, more traffic, and less greenspace yet they are overridden by a minority of developers. In Vancouver at least they listen to the taxpayers and residents, even if it does shut out the middle class and push everyone out into the suburbs.

oh come on ron, i expect the retarded 'whiners' comment from those other two clowns but you too? Just because someone comments on how something sucks or how they disagree with it does not make them whiners. are you and nitro 'whining' that the city is not allowing tall buildings? no, you're just commenting. i don't make that retarded, simplistic, childish comment so please stop yourself.

• Upvote 1

oh come on ron, i expect the retarded 'whiners' comment from those other two clowns but you too? Just because someone comments on how something sucks or how they disagree with it does not make them whiners. are you and nitro 'whining' that the city is not allowing tall buildings? no, you're just commenting. i don't make that retarded, simplistic, childish comment so please stop yourself.

I think what differentiates NIMBYs from those that just complain is the constant whining about "me first, screw everyone else". What I'm trying to say is that just because you complain, doesn't make you a NIMBY. What makes you a NIMBY is the inability to see the bigger picture.

Edited by ahzdeen

What Ron said.

I rarely have anything negative to say if I understand something is for the greater good. I live in North Delta for example and was not a big fan of the new Delsom Estates development as there's already a major issue moving people through the Nordel/Alex Fraser area and I wasn't a big fan of adding high density housing to make that worse. As well as the issue of them clearing trees to make room for it.

But I also recognize that the area sorely needed high density housing and semi-affordable options for families which will also help bring in kids to help with decreasing school enrollment among other issues. Plus they seem to have done a pretty decent job of leaving green space as well as making them feel much more like a community than row upon row of housing like a lot of townhouse developments in say Surrey.

I just hope there's some plans to increase transit/traffic movement through that area.....

Well, I don't care how it's defined it's actually irrelevant. The actual problem occurs when city hall, translink, the province, or any other political entity that has the power to make decisions bases their decisions on a vocal minority rather than the majority view.

P.S. I am not in love with super tall buildings, it's irrelevant to me. The issue with that is my hate of how the City of Vancouver says one thing ("let's build dense affordable housing") then does another (block developement of dense units over and over again). It just so happens that tall buildings can fit more people. That's the only reason I like them.

I think what differentiates NIMBYs from those that just complain is the constant whining about "me first, screw everyone else". What I'm trying to say is that just because you complain, doesn't make you a NIMBY. What makes you a NIMBY is the inability to see the bigger picture.

So am I a nimby or a whiner? :lol:

I dislike the highway because of the bigger picture issues. I don't live where it goes, I will probably never use it unless I go on a road trip up the valley. So, I'm not a nimby. But, according to you I'm not a whiner cause my entire point is the bigger picture issues.

Or maybe, just maybe, we can all move past these silly little stereotypical labels and address the issues and topics rather than just blindly mock someone as whining or being a nimby? That possible?

Well, I don't care how it's defined it's actually irrelevant. The actual problem occurs when city hall, translink, the province, or any other political entity that has the power to make decisions bases their decisions on a vocal minority rather than the majority view.

P.S. I am not in love with super tall buildings, it's irrelevant to me. The issue with that is my hate of how the City of Vancouver says one thing ("let's build dense affordable housing") then does another (block developement of dense units over and over again). It just so happens that tall buildings can fit more people. That's the only reason I like them.

If you're about efficiency and density, you should be championing 10 30 story buildings rather than 1 80 storey building. You can fit more people in several high rise buildings rather than 1 skyscraper.

If you're about efficiency and density, you should be championing 10 30 story buildings rather than 1 80 storey building. You can fit more people in several high rise buildings rather than 1 skyscraper.

Not for a given unit of land....

The logic here escapes me. So, you can fit more people in 100 single floor bungalows than in 1 30 story building. What's the logic here?

So am I a nimby or a whiner? :lol:

I dislike the highway because of the bigger picture issues. I don't live where it goes, I will probably never use it unless I go on a road trip up the valley. So, I'm not a nimby. But, according to you I'm not a whiner cause my entire point is the bigger picture issues.

Or maybe, just maybe, we can all move past these silly little stereotypical labels and address the issues and topics rather than just blindly mock someone as whining or being a nimby? That possible?

You would be a whiner. As I'm sure you know, NIMBY stands for "Not In My Back Yard". Therefore, if you don't live there, how can it be in your backyard? You're just the guy who likes to stick his hand in everything. :lol:

• Upvote 1

The logic here escapes me. So, you can fit more people in 100 single floor bungalows than in 1 30 story building. What's the logic here?

You guys are missing the point.

The footprint of 1 skyscraper is about the same as 1 high rise.

Yet developers are wasting time and money fighting to get 1 skyscraper when they could be building 30 less controversial yet still dense high rise towers.

You would be a whiner. As I'm sure you know, NIMBY stands for "Not In My Back Yard". Therefore, if you don't live there, how can it be in your backyard? You're just the guy who likes to stick his hand in everything. :lol:

So how do you define whiner?