The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Transit Thread

nitronuts

How much noise does the Canada Line trains produce? Is it as loud as those MK I trains?

I have heard that it's EXTREMELY quiet inside, but noisy if you're outside....somewhere between the MkI's and MkII's.

Train arriving at Bridgeport Station platform

Edited by nitronuts

I know. Why does the Evergreen Line Trains get a paint job, but not Canada Line Trains?

01-new-skytrain.jpg

07-new-skytrain.jpg

I prefer the old white livery.

It's dark enough inside a Skytrain station as it is, especially on a typical rainy Vancouver day, without giving the trains a dark colour.

I know. Why does the Evergreen Line Trains get a paint job, but not Canada Line Trains?

Those aren't the Evergreen Line trains, those Mark II's will be used system wide. That's the new livery for the Mark II trains, and overtime all of the trains will be painted like that....i believe even the SeaBus ferries. Of course, the new buses are already like that.

As for why it's not painted, Translink is public and to be blunt actually gives a crap. The Canada Line on the other hand will be privately operated for the next few decades, and InTransitBC has cut corners on the aesthetics of the new line....such as things as simple as painting trains. Their argument for not painting the trains entirely is because they will be covered with advertisements. Not to mention that the new Canada Line Rotem trains are quite basic, with only the bare minimum.....the interior is absolutely terrible: seat arrangement, lack of poles/bars/handles - not proportional to standing space, and those shiny bars look absolutely ridiculous and cheap. I'm also dissappointed with the small windows and the pocket sliding doors rather than exterior sliding doors like SkyTrain.

SkyTrain doors slide on the outside, allowing for more window space...and in general looks better

06-new-skytrain.jpg

Canada Line has pocket sliding doors, looks odd

KICX4267.jpg

New SkyTrain car interior

image0.jpg

Canada Line car interior.....one hell of an extremely inefficient seating arrangement, terrible looking bars - shiny looks so retro, seats look terrible compared to SkyTrain,

KICX4242.jpg

KICX4245.jpg

One massive gaping standing space.....but WHERE ARE THE BARS TO HOLD ONTO????

KICX4231.jpg

KICX4232.jpg

Edited by nitronuts

And it's supposed to run through a roller coaster-like course?

Sounds like it'll be a lot of fun.

Well to be fair, it's not THAT bad....but the worse section is between City Centre and Waterfront.

Those aren't the Evergreen Line trains, those Mark II's will be used system wide. That's the new livery for the Mark II trains, and overtime all of the trains will be painted like that....i believe even the SeaBus ferries.

Man, I hope they're visible enough at night then, with all that black paint. It's suck if something hit them at night because they were painted dark.

Edited by BuckyHermit

what's with that massive open space in the canadaline trains... what are we supposed to do to stay standing? Hold each other's hands :mellow:

Wheelchair, bike, stroller, and standing space.....but there's no point in having so much standing space if there's nothing to hold onto!

You would think that they would want to make the Canada Line trains more "traveller" friendly.

Giving more room for luggage and suitcases, but it's ether packed seating or a big open area with NO where to hold on.... maybe sit on your suitcase in that open space?