The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I love Burrows!!!!! He was the one that made me became a Canucks fan. As a fan of his reading this still makes me mad even though this thread was made two years ago. I love him, whatever you do whatever you say it won't make me change or leave him, I'm his! I didn't like watching hockey and I didn't like the Canucks before, It was him that changed me and made me became a Canucks fan, so if there was no him then there were no me. I could've still be a hater...but right now I'm just so glad I'm part of this team. Will always be a Canucks fan forever.

i would just like to say that the original post is -883, and yes we still want Burrows.

This thread being at 5000+ posts, I'm actually surprised its at the number as it is. Either some people agree with him (and plused him) or does that feel he is stupid enough to give him a minus.

Would be epic if anyone printed this thread, and asked Burrows to autograph it, lol.

We should totally bind it into a book (or maybe three or four volumes...) and put it on sale! :lol:

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

What about the OT winner in the against chicago ? What about the other goal in that game. what about the shorties he scores on the PK ? What the role he plays in the locker room . What about the hard work he does night in and night out to fire up the team . What about the cost effective contract that got us to the second round.

The only night I saw him falling all over the ice was the last night in Nashville when EVERYONE was falling all over the ice because they were skating in slush soup .

Really in my honest opinion you are just trolling . Time to call a troll a troll - 850 that ought to tell you you are all alone and really you know nothing about hockey or the types of players that are important to a team . If you want all superstars the rangers are that way -----> and they cant even make it to the big dance .

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.