The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

We don't want Burrows, just as much as we want to read this post. Of course we want Burrows. It will be hard to find fans who don't. He's been the most exciting player two years in a row(?) before Kesler snatched it, deservingly, this year. And we want him on Pk because I think coach v, his teammates and all Canuck fans have great confidence in him. He's great in pk. The difference this year from previous years is that he has been asked to play a different role. A bigger role. Plus, he wants to be here, and has said it time and time again. The bottom line is he shows us that he wants to be here. He plays with a lot of heart, and no one can touch that. He'll be a fan favourite for years and years to come. That's just my opinion. We're all entitled to it. But you asked a question. You'll have a lot of answers, to which will be saying yes, we want him.

• Upvote 3

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

Uh, you are saying this after game 7 VS the Hawks... He scored the opening goal, and won Game 7 for us in an amazing intercept / brake away goal on the fly. Yeah, he's not perfect, but he does his job and works hard. I think there are other players to be worried about rather than Burrows. He's a keeper.

Uh, you are saying this after game 7 VS the Hawks... He scored the opening goal, and won Game 7 for us in an amazing intercept / brake away goal on the fly. Yeah, he's not perfect, but he does his job and works hard. I think there are other players to be worried about rather than Burrows. He's a keeper.

you really should go look at the date on the original post.

• Upvote 4

I believe Burrows has gained a lot of confidence after being split from the twins, getting 4 goals in 4 games especially with the Game 7 winner.... Putting him back with the Sedins could will only boost his confidence and might rub off on the Sedins.....I expect a big game from this line tonight.....

Go Burrows

Go Canucks