The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

As an outsider but one who has followed the Canucks all season from Scotland I really don't understand why some people are so critical of some of the players.

Ok they got on the face of it, a couple of skelpings (scots expression for bad defeat) but they are the same players who have taken you all this way.

While not a neutral I think quite a few things flattered the Bruins in these last two games and I can't see their luck continuing to hold if VC hold their nerve, play in their own style and your fans continue to get right behind them.

As for Burrows, I see no reason now to question his quality or his nerve. Anyone who works as hard as he does will get his rewards. This is the SC Final, nobody said it would be easy and Boston are a team on the edge of legality and their abilities.

The only criticism if any I would have of the team is they have allowed (as we fans of football [soccer] say over here) themselves to be drawn into a physical "rammy" which is the only way Boston will get/ have had any success against the Canucks.

They should forget everything about the previous 2 games and just go out and play their high speed skill game.

Boston won't know what has hit them.

Go! Canucks Go!

• Upvote 3