The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

You're a retard. Burrows is the best player on the Canucks.

i'm just going to report what I said on page 2, my first post EVA!!!!

Ok first post, but here goes...

I'm going to have to agree with everyone elseand say that Burrows is an asset to this team.

Not only is he good at what he does (forecheck and agitate) but he does show signs of offensive flair.

He loses the puck a lot and seems to be off balance because of the style he plays. He'll look to make the play before thinking about what his body is about to be put through.

Did he not make Pierre Maguire's All-Monster Team 2007?

He will fight, contrary to what you say... didn't he fight Boulerice after he Tomahawked kesler in the head?

He was a liability when he'd fight at stupid times and get called for instigating or roughing randomly but has since refined his game and now understands when and where to start a bru-haha.

Burrows has worked his way up from the ECHL, and hasn't stopped doing whatever the coaches tell him to do.

That's the kind of teammate I'd want on my team.

wow burrows is getting points with the sedins "Amazing"! There's a real shocker. Didn't Pyat get 26 goals last season?

Burrows has more points than the following players.

Valtteri Filppula

Andrew Brunette

Peter Mueller

Andrew Cogliano

Rod Brind'Amour

Jakub Voracek

Mikhail Grabovski

Matthew Lombardi

Dustin Penner

Steven Stamkos

Antoine Vermette

Tim Connolly

Erik Cole

When are you going to admit defeat?

Ok 23 goals with the sedins. Of course burrows is going to get points with them. Vignault had to put him with them cause he took kesler away from him. he'd be nothing without kesler. Vignault got french love for him.

Wow, I can't believe you still had the balls to come out to trash talk burrows after 40+ pages, over 5 months ago, burrs playing on the first line and getting a contract extension for 4 years.

Are you "THAT" dumb to yet to realize you were wrong in so many ways?

Ok 23 goals with the sedins. Of course burrows is going to get points with them. Vignault had to put him with them cause he took kesler away from him. he'd be nothing without kesler. Vignault got french love for him.

:lol: :lol:

This thread not only convinces me that you don't know much about hockey, but that you're also prejudiced, in terms of race, as well. Being French has nothing to do with it. Btw, if that was true, you could say that every Canadian coach out there has Canadian love for every Canadian player they play, no matter who they are.

I do, however, respect you for having the courage to come back here.. even though you don't have the sense to realize you are wrong.

after months and months and months of hiding, THIS is what you come up with?!?!?!?

just admit when you're wrong dude

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

Ok, you obviously don't watch Canucks games, don't really watch hockey, and cleary don't know anything about hockey. either that or your simply just clueless.

WTH is this?

Why can't CDC be just normal for a freakin' day?

We now even bash players when they're doing well?

Mod should just lock this thread for being too retarded.

Maybe ban the account as well so OP's stupidity doesn't spill over in future.

WTH is this?

Why can't CDC be just normal for a freakin' day?

We now even bash players when they're doing well?

Mod should just lock this thread for being too retarded.

Maybe ban the account as well so OP's stupidity doesn't spill over in future.

This thread makes people happy, it can never be locked. It should be pinned. :lol:

Edited by I_AM_CANUCKIAN

The next best part of this thread, besides the obvious part, is that some people quote the original post not knowing how long ago it was made.

Oh wow....

I just realized that... :blink:

Who the hell bumped this thread then? :huh:

This thread makes people happy, it can never be locked. It should be pinned. :lol:

HAHA, that would be so mean. It would be too funny though.

Burrows is a very special player, especially considering he was in the ECHL and was a ball hockey champion just 5 years ago. I could go on about him all day, but there has been more than enough said about him already.

He is definetly one of my favourite players. He's the type of player I try to shape MY game around. Hardworking, never takes a shift off, and knows how to get the opposition off their game.

Here's to another 4 years of Burrows as a Vancouverite. You've earned that 8 million you're going to get, Alex!