The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

Guest Gumballthechewy

Oops! Wrong grammar, that literally changed the meaning of the whole sentence. Comma after everything :P You'll learn to love Cersei and Jaime too. Tyrion is quite the stud eh?

Oooh, I see, you do find the Lannisters and Boltons interesting. Ok, I get it now! :P

Cersei and Jaime eh? Kinda hard to get around the whole incest thing to be honest, but yeah, Tyrion, I love that guy, he's so funny! Great job by Peter Dinklage.

"It's not hunting if you pay for it" Not a quote of his but still, funny as hell!

Man, I can watch a hundred men get slaughtered without batting an eye but when one dog has to get killed I shed a tear... :sadno:

Edited by Gumballthechewy

Guest Gumballthechewy

Don't worry, they start off as characters you love to hate but over time they grow into pretty unbelievable things. How far did you go in books? The nudity is a little gratuitous in the first season but it's HBO and it's not always a problem. The violence has barely started though. I only cry when animals die too. Poor Lady. Sean Bean is perfect as Ned Stark, no?Joffrey and Viserys are such little sh*ts

I did watch bits and pieces of the third season and I did Cersei slightly engaging.

I only read the first chaper of the first book. :P I really enjoyed it but I just never got around to reading more of it.

The nudity doesn't bother me, umm, not in a pervy way or anything, it's just that sexuality and nudity is not at all taboo with me. Voilence and gore is chill with me too. :P

Yeah, poor Lady... They didn't show anything but damn if it didn't tug a heartstring..

Sean Bean (I like to pronounce it "seen" bean :P ) does a great job, it's a very well acted show all around, you really start to care for the "good" guys and hate the bad ones. I enjoy hating Joffrey and Viserys is just a creeper.. Ugh... :P

Guest Gumballthechewy

I have no problem with nudity or violence as long as it somehow pertains to the storyline and not just shoehorned in because tits are awesome. HBO tends to overdo it at times as you'll see often in the first season (it might be a good thing, depends on the audience :P).How far are you into the show now? Enjoying it? I like pronouncing it Seen Bean too funnily enough. You don't think Viserys is a humble, down to earth individual with a soft heart?

Yeah, too much nudity for no real reason just gets annoying really. I've seen more tits in the fist two episodes of season one than I did in the handfull of season three episodes I saw. :P

Only the first two episodes so far. I can't stay up too late, I have to wake up early for work, but I'm enjoying it immensely so far. Gonna watch more tonight!

I hope that's sarcasm... :P

I love Arya and the Starks are the heart of the series and everything but the Lannisters and Boltons are sooo much more interesting (I'm a cat person). START READING RIGHT NOW

Your a Cat person? I have seen all 3 season and am just starting to read the books now. I am about 3/4 of the way through the first, and I probably hate Cat even more than I did in the show. I'm stalled out on Catelyn chapter right now just because I cannot stand her Lol. Please tell me gets better and less annoying

Edited by pdc

Guest Gumballthechewy

February next year I think? You don't need to wait you know.... you know what I'm talking about. Did you cry when Ned died?

Know what your sayin'? Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more? :P

No, but it was very sad, then what Joffrey did to Sansa afterwards, I thought I couldn't hate that little s*** anymore then I already did...

Your a Cat person? I have seen all 3 season and am just starting to read the books now. I am about 3/4 of the way through the first, and I probably hate Cat even more than I did in the show. I'm stalled out on Catelyn chapter right now just because I cannot stand her Lol. Please tell me gets better and less annoying

I think she means she likes cats.

just about done book 2, im not really sure if i like the books more than the show. on one hand the show shows more of the minor characters (littlefinger, varys) and of course lots of boobiez. but the books show more of the thoughts which kind of paints a different picture.

I liked the books but I got kind of annoyed when Martin dumped an extra 4 or 5 POV characters that I didn't give a crap about towards the end. I think he said he's not introducing any more POV characters though so that's good at least.

Cat gets more readable in the 2nd book once she is given more duties IMO.

just about done book 2, im not really sure if i like the books more than the show. on one hand the show shows more of the minor characters (littlefinger, varys) and of course lots of boobiez. but the books show more of the thoughts which kind of paints a different picture.

Yeah. Those who complain about the amount of POV's in the books... when you think about it you get even more POV's in the TV show like Varys and Baelish and Joffrey and Tywin. I really wonder how they will handle season 3 with the Dornishmen... (Spoiler) I guess Robb's and Cat's screen time will be kinda given to them and Myrcella.

To quote my favorite Ramsay, "If you think this has a happy ending then you haven't been paying attention".

That's just how George R R Martin rolls and I love him for making me so sad

Yes I've never felt anything like it after watching the red wedding. It was a mix of horror, shock and sadness.

I think I'm gonna read the books. I can't wait for next season.