The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

2 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

Daemon certainly knows how to directly solve a problem.

I thought the part where the families are squabbling in the throne room and suddenly the king enters was pretty dramatic.  Sorry to see King Viserys go.

All the acting Emmy’s go to Viserys. 

Maybe an Oscar too. 

That’s how bloody good the acting in this recent episode was.  

Sorry to see ‘Viserys’ go too. Feels like the show lost most of its acting chops in one last beautiful moments. Man, that was ridiculously good. 

9 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

All the acting Emmy’s go to Viserys. 

Maybe an Oscar too. 

That’s how bloody good the acting in this recent episode was.  

Sorry to see ‘Viserys’ go too. Feels like the show lost most of its acting chops in one last beautiful moments. Man, that was ridiculously good. 

dunno, I think it seemed good because the show has been so meh so far. Whats the saying, mashed potatoes without the gravy?

No characters to care about, no interesting story lines, no humour... not sure why I continue to watch it tbh. 

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

So the war is started by one dragon pissing off another dragon?

Probably more accurate to say its start was one Targaryen killed another ‘Targaryen’. 

It was the battle for the Iron Throne that ultimately led to the Dance of Dragons though, the death likely the tipping point. 

14 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Probably more accurate to say its start was one Targaryen killed another ‘Targaryen’. 

It was the battle for the Iron Throne that ultimately led to the Dance of Dragons though, the death likely the tipping point. 

Are you referring to the battle at the end between Luke and Aemond?  Because that was what I was referring to.

I may have mis-interpreted but it seemed to me neither wanted to kill the other.  Both of them were riding dragons that were out of control.  When Luke's dragon sprays fire on Aemond's dragon, Luke is screaming at it, trying to get it under control.   He didn't want to attack Aemond.  Similarly, when Aemond's dragon kills Luke, Aemond is screaming at it trying to get it under control.  He didn't want to kill Luke.  Immediately afterwards, he looks shocked at what happened.

Thus, the war is started by one dragon pissing off another dragon.

Or did I misunderstand what was happening?

1 minute ago, UnkNuk said:

Are you referring to the battle at the end between Luke and Aemond?  Because that was what I was referring to.

I may have mis-interpreted but it seemed to me neither wanted to kill the other.  Both of them were riding dragons that were out of control.  When Luke's dragon sprays fire on Aemond's dragon, Luke is screaming at it, trying to get it under control.   He didn't want to attack Aemond.  Similarly, when Aemond's dragon kills Luke, Aemond is screaming at it trying to get it under control.  He didn't want to kill Luke.  Immediately afterwards, he looks shocked at what happened.

Thus, the war is started by one dragon pissing off another dragon.

Or did I misunderstand what was happening?

No you got it. 

However with Aemond wanting to take Luke’s eye and then chasing him in the skies, it was the beginning of the end for one of them. 

My larger point was with the struggle for the throne being the starting point for the Dance of Dragons, which is the war of the Targaryens that sets off the upcoming war. 

• Cheers 1

• 5 months later...

Looks like HBO is going to do a Dunc and Egg spinoff......

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/tv/other/hbo-greenlights-new-game-of-thrones-prequel-a-knight-of-the-seven-kingdoms-the-hedge-knight/ar-AA19MJII?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=a9992147300146d39e7eed2359ca0bb9&ei=34

HBO is giving "Game of Thrones" fans another reason to celebrate, announcing the pay-cable channel has given a straight-to-series order to a new prequel series, "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms: The Hedge Knight".

In a Tuesday announcement made during Warner Bros. Discovery’s unveiling of the Max streaming service (previously HBO Max), it was revealed that the “Game of Thrones” prequel will be written and executive produced by George R.R. Martin and Ira Parker, with Ryan Condal and Vince Gerardis joining as executive producers.

"A century before the events of 'Game of Thrones,' two unlikely heroes wandered Westeros… a young, naïve but courageous knight, Ser Duncan the Tall, and his diminutive squire, Egg," reads HBO's logline of the series, which will be the second "GoT" spinoff, following "House of the Dragon".

"Set in an age when the Targaryen line still holds the Iron Throne and the memory of the last dragon has not yet passed from living memory, great destinies, powerful foes and dangerous exploits all await these improbable and incomparable friends," the logline concludes.

Given the synopsis, it appears the prequel series will be based on Martin's series of "Dunk and Egg" novellas; back in 2021, in fact, HBO chief Casey Bloys discussed a prequel based on the novella series.

“Obviously, we know George has this incredible world with all of this really rich and complicated history and all of these characters,” he told TVLine at the time. “So we’ve been trying to be thoughtful about what are the stories that are worth telling. What would be exciting? What would fans love?” he said. “'Dunk and Egg' is one of those, but not the only one.”

Good old uncle George....anything but finish Winds of Winter....:rolleyes:

For those that haven't read the books....the last thing that happened was Jon being stabbed by the members of The Watch....

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Looks like HBO is going to do a Dunc and Egg spinoff......

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/tv/other/hbo-greenlights-new-game-of-thrones-prequel-a-knight-of-the-seven-kingdoms-the-hedge-knight/ar-AA19MJII?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=a9992147300146d39e7eed2359ca0bb9&ei=34

Good old uncle George....anything but finish Winds of Winter....:rolleyes:

For those that haven't read the books....the last thing that happened was Jon being stabbed by the members of The Watch....

Ya, a bunch of stories were left on cliffhangers.