The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

-THE OFFICIAL-*******Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2*******-THREAD-

MillerGenuineDraft

What's Spec Ops?

Sorry for the ignorance; this is going to be my first FPS game. :P

Random challenges you can do with a friend. Stuff like holding off waves of enemies, going through a certain part of the game with different stuff. Have you ever played timesplitters? That series had a set of challenges that are pretty close to this one. They seem pretty fun, but I only finished one so far. Just started them.

I've done the last three levels on my own and yeah, Wetwork is tedious but very doable if you are not rushing. Armor Piercing is also doable as long as you know where to camp and when to retreat (especially when there are more than 2 Jugs). High Explosive was actually quite easy for me. I just camped in the house to the left of where you are when the level begins and kept spamming with the grenade launcher. I finished it in just under 7 minutes.

Seriously? Hmm. As hilarious as this might sound I kinda ran around like a retard and eventually got to 3 left and died. Maybe I should try to camp.

What's Spec Ops?

Sorry for the ignorance; this is going to be my first FPS game. :P

It's a lot of a the same stuff you do in campaign, but instead of having a story to it, it's more of a straight-forward thing.

That's probably why it tells you that you should play the Campaign first when you click on Spec Ops. :D

Do you guys advise playing the campaign first to hone my skills? I suck... lol. I've only played once and I hadn't played a FPS before that in a while but I've never been good at shooters.

Yes I would definetely encourage that.

Play on Multiplayer and you would get demolished smile.gif.

That was a tricky level for sure, so many times me and my friend thought that the Juggernauts were dead, then to have him appear out of the grass and start firing like mad.

The trick is to aim at the head, and if you see a Juggernaut, run back and pull out your sniper, then blast away.

The tricky part is there is always another Jug spawns behind me when I try to pick off the enemies from the broken fuselage (the one that tilts upward after the laptop objective).

Seriously? Hmm. As hilarious as this might sound I kinda ran around like a retard and eventually got to 3 left and died. Maybe I should try to camp.

Ya, srly.

I just kept firing the thumper at the wall just outside the door of the hut I was camping in. The explosion would damage the Jugs and stun them at the same time keeping them from entering the hut and me away from their line of fire. If they somehow got inside the hut I would throw a flashbang , climb out of the window facing the ammo crate and climb back in once they got out.

Yay, it's fun.

Just started, I just did the campaign mission where at the end you fall down trying to jump from building to building and then you have to run to the roofs and jump on the helicopter. :P

I have no idea what's going on in the storyline, though. :(

If anyone needs good classes,Let me know.

I have 4 nukes so far. Excepecting to get 2 or 3 more today.

Teach me! This is what I use right now:

M16A4 - Usually with Silencer/ACOG

M93 Raffica - Silencer/Red Dot

Frag

Stun Grenades

Bling Pro

Hardline Pro

Commando Pro

Final Stand

This class works pretty well for me. I only have the Fall camo left before I have unlocked everything for the M16.

..and I'm at level 57 right now.

Teach me! This is what I use right now:

M16A4 - Usually with Silencer/ACOG

M93 Raffica - Silencer/Red Dot

Frag

Stun Grenades

Bling Pro

Hardline Pro

Commando Pro

Final Stand

This class works pretty well for me. I only have the Fall camo left before I have unlocked everything for the M16.

..and I'm at level 57 right now.

I hate the M16.

Use Scavenger Pro.

yeah, the m16 has way too much recoil for me, Plus i've found that that Famas is a lot better than the m16 anyways.

I agree with cream, I use scavenger pro for all my classes except when i'm playing search and destroy.Also,I like ninja more than comando 1.)for the silent footsteps when you get ninja pro & 2.) for all the people that use heartbeat.

Yeah, getting nuke doesn't seem to be -too- hard. You just need enough people in the game with you to kill. It looks like once you get to 7-9 and get an airstrike, then get either the chopper or the AC, you're almost guaranteed to break close to 20 or something. I've gotten up to 13 with noob stuff since I hadn't unlocked much at the time. I figure once I find a gun I really like, set up the right perks like cold-blooded and ninja, and use a silencer on whatever weapon I like, I'll just be tearing through people. If you didn't notice, I like the sneaky way of things.

Right now 'm just unlocking all the perks for fun and the "pro" parts. Marathon and lightweight take forever. Throwing knives are also awesome. Kind of disappointed. Only at a 1.44 k/d ratio. Mostly because I've been messing around and trying to get use to the maps. I'm sure it'll improve once I finish unlocking stuff like I said.

I'm pretty sure 1.5 is still good, but it looks like the leaderboards are really messed up. Some people have 65k kills and under 1000 deaths, with a ratio of 66.4? Or 123.2. With streaks over over 1000. Is that seriously even possible?

Archived