The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Latenight Lounge

Rate this topic

g_bassi13

Romeo and Juliet, the best tragic romance ever written? No way. It might be like it in terms of plot, but there's no way it even reaches the significance of Romeo and Juliet. Titanic would probably be the closest of modern-day cinematic production.

Titanic is the best Love story in history...

Everytime I watch.. I cry..

The movie wasn't that great. I like the books better. :)

And Bella is suppose to be okay looking in the books.

I think they overhyped the movie because the books were so popular. So, for people who enjoyed the books they were probably more disappointed.

I agree.. I mean, Im not a BIG fan of twilight..

Im just think its like a cute romantic book between a couple..

The movie was really disappointing..

They mixed up alot of parts and skipped a whole bunch..

And some parts you can tell was fake, The acting was really bad.. except for some parts..

Not the best movie Iv ever seen, But it was alright..

LEts just hope New Moon is better..

I think that a vampire/human love story is kinda romantic. But the movie didn't really portray it well imo. The acting was quite poor/fake in a lot of scenes. But I think the dumbest scene was when he walked out into the sunlight. I was expecting something .... cooler?... but it just made me go wtf? o_O

I don't know if I'll watch the sequel since I didn't really want to watch Twilight in the first place. (My friends all wanted to see it so I went along.) I've already forgotten all the characters except Bella and Edward. :lol:

^Movies are like 2h long on average, while it takes around 8h to read a book, I think? I'm pretty sure if you read the book all in one read, it'd bore you because it takes forever. If you read it in small doses, it'd bore you because you wouldn't have a crystal clear picture on what happened earlier.

Romeo and Juliet, the best tragic romance ever written? No way. It might be like it in terms of plot, but there's no way it even reaches the significance of Romeo and Juliet. Titanic would probably be the closest of modern-day cinematic production.

it is similar in plot. I agree. Titanic was the best modern-day tragic romance movie. :)

I think that a vampire/human love story is kinda romantic. But the movie didn't really portray it well imo. The acting was quite poor/fake in a lot of scenes. But I think the dumbest scene was when he walked out into the sunlight. I was expecting something .... cooler?... but it just made me go wtf? o_O

I don't know if I'll watch the sequel since I didn't really want to watch Twilight in the first place. (My friends all wanted to see it so I went along.) I've already forgotten all the characters except Bella and Edward. :lol:

lol. yeah. that scene wasn't very well done. You could barely see him shine. :mellow:

lol. yeah. that scene wasn't very well done. You could barely see him shine. :mellow:

I laughed so hard during that scene (especially when she said, "You're beautiful." It was so corny!). I think it might sound cool on paper but when you actually see it, it's just stupid (lack of a better word). :lol:

STOP THE TWILIGHT, STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

I don't like people talking about my life

If you don't like it, go home and cry to Charlie, or run back to Renee in Jacksonville. :P

Or just let Laurent eat you and it'll all be over.

Edited by BuckyHermit