The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Latenight Lounge

Rate this topic

g_bassi13

Lol, I totally related to that movie okay >.<

The whole thing about being a girl dreaming of becoming a professional athlete instead of a housewife I couldn't relate to. The part about dealing with the hopes and expectations of Indian parents I could.

Also, Breakaway (or Speedy Singhs as they call it here) got a fairly major release here. Sadly most places are playing a Hindi Dubbed version. Heard it was pretty funny.

Course, it's always the phone's fault ;)

On another note... it's such a boring and slow day. (Nooot that I'm complaining or anything.)

Sometimes it is the phone's fault. Once tried to keep in touch with my friends sister from out of town. But every time she messaged me, it wouldn't let me message her back. For some reason, it was only her number I couldn't reach, specifically. You could imagine why that excuse wouldn't hold up. "It's the phone's fault."

And your day couldn't have been much more boring then my day. I stayed home the entire time, where the power was cut 4 times for like an hour each, uh, time. Mostly studying and watching movies. Also watched that new show Terra Nova. Everybody should go check that show out.

Like are you trying out or are you actually on the team?

I'm on the team, and I'm getting the sense that they want to start me. I'm only there because being Canadian automatically gives me a better base/foundation with the sport. And being 6 Foot tall, I will stand over most everyone playing. Though after first practice, I'm sure they'll reconsider tagging me as any kind of asset, lol.

I think the commitment only lasts for a month until next some giant intercollegiate citywide (maybe statewide) tournament. I hope it's only dental colleges, because we're generally awful at sports. If they bring in any medical or physiotherapy colleges, we're going to get our asses handed to us.

Edited by g_bassi13

I'm on the team, and I'm getting the sense that they want to start me. I'm only there because being Canadian automatically gives me a better base/foundation with the sport. And being 6 Foot tall, I will stand over most everyone playing. Though after first practice, I'm sure they'll reconsider tagging me as any kind of asset, lol.

Let me guess, your going to school in India right?

Let me guess, your going to school in India right?

Yeah, and they're generally awful at the game, South Indians especially. I've seen some really good players from the northeast region, though. Sadly, none of them will be on our team.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm currently locked inside my apartment. I heard a loud sound outside, and when I went to check what it was, I couldn't open my door. Someone must have hit in and locked the sliding latch outside, and it's something you can't reopen from inside. Since I have nowhere to go at the moment, I think I'll just order lunch and have the delivery guy open the door for me, lol.

So how'd the Basketball thing work out for you?

Turns out they wanted me on the starting 5. But the day before the tournament, we found out it was 3 on 3, and we got to enter 2 teams. And after arriving to the tournament and being made to wait 6-7 hours for the organizers to show up, we were informed that it was instant elimination and not round robin.

Basically our guys stacked team A with our only 3 good players, and left me to lead team B. Team A survived the first round, but my team wasn't so lucky.

I'll describe the first minute of the game to give you a gist of what happened. I started with the ball, and my check stepped on my foot and stole the ball. I the went by the hoop to defend, and he elbowed me in the face while scoring a layup. So after the play restarted I had the ball again, and a different guy starts clawing at my face as I keep the ball away. After a couple of seconds of that, he ends up ripping the glasses right off my face... We still don't get a call.

I should mention that we up against the host college's team, with their own refs. Pretty much summed up the game. A freakin gong show it was.

Might have another tournament soon to show our stuff, but the tentative date hits exam time for the whole team, so maybe not. Still got a fairly sweet, but completely ill fitting jersey out of it.

2d99zib.jpg

i hate how no one appreciates Rashida other than us

?

I guess she was hated on quite a bit during the later part of her stay in The Office, as some sort of villainous homewrecker between Jim and Pam... But outside of that she's gotten quite a bit of love.

Also the way you worded that was pretty creepy, lol.