The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Latenight Lounge

Rate this topic

g_bassi13

You know, you can be a debbie downer at times

:(

Just saying someone doesn't need to be smart to be awesome.

Awesome.

Also, I managed to pass out and sleep in all morning. Ended up missing the entire Canucks game. Doesn't seem like such a bad thing, looking at the results. Reading Canucks talk is always funny though. Makes it feel like I slept through an earthquake or something.

I fried my new laptop on my trip back to Canada in the summer, and had to send it back to Dell to get it repaired. Was just talking with my brother over the videophone as it was delivered back, and I saw it working as it was when I left it. Sadly it's probably the highpoint of the last month or so for me, lol. Since I had about 500+ GB of data on the hard drive, it was sweet to see it wasn't wiped out (Also in that there were about 300-400 hours of saved games I wasn't about to replay).

Though with it being in Vancouver, I can't get to it until January. Meaning I'll miss Skyrim's release. Which will suck hard.

January? Ouch. Had to wait long enough for Skyrim as it is.

I know right? The only silver lining I can think of is that with my exams coming up in December, I wont have the game to distract me. And I guess also that since Mass Effect 3 was delayed, I'm not also missing that.

But dammit I wanna play Skyrim.

Well, Dell sucks so I don't know why anyone would buy it

Real talk my friend

My first laptop was a Dell (was a gift). Only had to replace it because it's an outdated piece of crap, as it's now 5 and a half years old. It never had any hardware problems, and still operates with over an hour battery life. I would call that reliable. Reason enough to get another Dell.

New one lasted lasted less then 6 months, lol. Not too sure about that reliability now. Because of the timing of it failing, I ended up having to leave with that old first POS dell. I'm stuck with that. It's a 5 month deal, and I've only gone through the first 3 of them. Don't enjoy using a computer where I have to worry about it overloading and crashing from watching youtube videos.

Was still very unsure about Dell's repair service though. I've seen someone have their computer needlessly formatted after shipping it off. Therefore I didn't like the idea of checking a mandatory box on their form that gave them the authority to wipe my hard drive, so I left it blank. And then literally included in my answer for every question they asked (no matter what they were asking) this; "There's nothing wrong with my hard drive. Don't touch my hard drive." I think they got the message.