The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

I always enjoy me some BB.

I had a huge adoration for BB back in like Grade 9 or 10. All I listened to was them. Grade 9 or 10 was around 5 or 6 years ago?

It was grade 11 or 12 for me, 4 or 5 years ago. Diary of Jane was my favourite song. I still listen to them, although my music library has grown and diversified quite considerably since then.

Not the greatest version but it's best version showing how energetic these guys are live. Never seen them in person but it would definitely be a cool experience.

Album version is very good too.

Edited by Alain Vigneault

I always enjoy me some BB.

I had a huge adoration for BB back in like Grade 9 or 10. All I listened to was them. Grade 9 or 10 was around 5 or 6 years ago?

It was grade 11 or 12 for me, 4 or 5 years ago. Diary of Jane was my favourite song. I still listen to them, although my music library has grown and diversified quite considerably since then.

I definately have a special place in my heart for BB. Glad you guys enjoy them as well. :)

There used to be a channel on YouTube with a huge collection of late-60s, early-70s Canadian hits. The user (mojofilter02) was a former AM radio disc jockey who put a lot of effort into compiling his personal music collection for everyone to enjoy. Unfortunately, it looks like copyright claimants have taken it away.

:(

Recently, Vancouver's own 104.9 FM changed from a Canadian oldies format to... well, a Top 40 format. It's quite a shame; I adored that station. Red Robinson hosted the Sunday morning show.

Edited by WeatherWise

Recently, Vancouver's own 104.9 FM changed from a Canadian oldies format to... well, a Top 40 format. It's quite a shame; I adored that station.

Sonic blows goats.

Miss the old station.

Sonic blows goats.

Miss the old station.

I believe most Fun FM listeners were also Jack FM listeners, as some of their more recent content overlapped. Both are owned by Rogers Communications and are based in the same building. When Fun was shut down, they referred all their listeners to Jack. Fun once played exclusively Oldies tunes between 2008 and 2009; at the time, the station was known simply as "104.9 The Greatest Hits of All Time." In each of its incarnations between 2006 and early 2011, I enjoyed the station's programming, and I think Vancouver now lacks a quality station with that format.

I dislike Jack's lack of on-air radio personalities during the afternoon, as well as the lack of emphasis on late-60s, early-70s content.

But enough of that. More music. :P

Edited by WeatherWise