The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

Love Stan, T7! :) There were so many more wonderful songs he had yet to sing......

I wandered off to Newfoundland.....discovered these guys purely by accident when watching a comedy special one Christmas a few years back....

Buddy Wasisname And The Other Fellers - The Cabin, The River and I

• Upvote 1

Wow, what a blast from the past this song is, KMH! Thank you! I think I still have this on vinyl somewhere in the dusty oldies.....Mimi may not have been as famous as her sister but I think I actually prefer her voice more even though I've been lucky to see Joan in concert several times.....

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe
  • Upvote 1

Agree about Mimi's beautiful voice. I am a Joan Baez fan as well. Richard Farina was destined for big things in music and had just published his first novel two days prior to his death at just twenty-nine years. Sad, he would have been one of the major stars of the sixties that we remember today.

Agree about Mimi's beautiful voice. I am a Joan Baez fan as well. Richard Farina was destined for big things in music and had just published his first novel two days prior to his death at just twenty-nine years. Sad, he would have been one of the major stars of the sixties that we remember today.

He would indeed.....it's so sad when such talent is gone far too soon and the world never gets to know what heights that talent would have risen to. :(

So I went wandering......and was simply gob-smacked to find this song......a favourite, an absolute favourite I haven't heard in years......it saw plenty of airplay in our home while growing up........my dad was an Ian and Sylvia fan....... (before Ian went country)... and passed his love of folk music on to all his kids!

The sound quality isn't the greatest (needs to be turned way up) but I couldn't find any other recording of it on youtube....it needs to be Ian and Sylvia! :)

Life had forgot the caring hearts , dreams that were lost to fade above.

Then the creators of rain created love.

I was that dream that love had made... to search in endless hope and faith.

Then the creators of love created you, created you, created you…..created me,...created you…… for me......

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe
  • Upvote 1

After much adieu, Bob pipes in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtsOvqVAXVQ

A wise song for such a young man, at the time ..

Edit: George Harrison on lead, Leon Russel on base and Mr. Keltner on drums .. from Bangladesh Concert ..

And as a tribute to Bob, Eric speaks truth to all ..

Peace be within you ..

Edit: OK .. worth waiting for ...

Edited by Tearloch7
  • Upvote 1