The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

So, Lager, if you're still confused, say something.

The most common misconception people have about tennis is that they think a match is a game. It almost seems belittling to call a match a game in tennis, hahaha.

What a match though. It did almost seem anti-climactic though, the way Mahut lost... Things were going as steadily as ever. On the match point, if he went the other way like he did on the 30-30 point, he would've been able to force the deuce, but oh well. I felt SO bad for him... I was kind of rooting for him because he clearly had the disadvantage that entire 5th set, with Isner serving first. Not only that, but Isner's height really made his service game pretty easy. I was incredibly impressed with the way Mahut carried himself throughout the whole match, always trying to run after balls, keeping his energy level up, serving surprisingly well... Even he broke the 100-ace mark. Simply amazing.

So, Lager, if you're still confused, say something.

The most common misconception people have about tennis is that they think a match is a game. It almost seems belittling to call a match a game in tennis, hahaha.

What a match though. It did almost seem anti-climactic though, the way Mahut lost... Things were going as steadily as ever. On the match point, if he went the other way like he did on the 30-30 point, he would've been able to force the deuce, but oh well. I felt SO bad for him... I was kind of rooting for him because he clearly had the disadvantage that entire 5th set, with Isner serving first. Not only that, but Isner's height really made his service game pretty easy. I was incredibly impressed with the way Mahut carried himself throughout the whole match, always trying to run after balls, keeping his energy level up, serving surprisingly well... Even he broke the 100-ace mark. Simply amazing.

I was really pissed at those idiots trying to advertise the whole thing after the match. Just let them have a rest and then call for a ceremony a bit later. I mean, "please come stand by the scoresheet so we can take a picture"? I might have said f*** you at that point.

I was really pissed at those idiots trying to advertise the whole thing after the match. Just let them have a rest and then call for a ceremony a bit later. I mean, "please come stand by the scoresheet so we can take a picture"? I might have said f*** you at that point.

Well, it is a huge deal, what Isner and Mahut accomplished... They both should be proud of their efforts, and standing in front of the scoreboard isn't asking for too much, I think, as annoying as it might've been at the time. I guess the proper thing to have done was to award the memento in front of the scoreboard so they didn't have to move after all the speeches and interviews were done.

Aaaaaaand Isner loses in straight sets the day after to a Thiemo De Bakke...

Nadal needed another 5-setter to win against #33 Philipp Petzschner, but he's through.

WTF Nester/Zimonjic lost!

Daniel Nestor / Nenad Zimonjic vs. Chris Eaton / Domonic Inglot

5 7 6(4) 7 6

7 5 7 6(3) 8

Aaaand random story on tennis.com:

WIMBLEDON, England (AP)—Victor Hanescu has been fined $15,000 by Wimbledon officials after a spitting incident in his third-round match.

The Romanian was fined $7,500 Saturday for unsportsmanlike conduct after swearing and spitting in the direction of hecklers in the crowd. He was fined an additional $7,500 for not using “best efforts” at the conclusion of Friday’s match against Germany’s Daniel Brands.

The Romanian foot-faulted and served a series of double-faults in the final game of his match before retiring while trailing 0-3 in the fifth set. He said he had a leg muscle injury.

Hanescu has 10 days to appeal.

That's a bit ugly.

Anybody else following the Roddick/Lu match?

They are in the 5th set, on serve still and the previous 3 sets went to tiebreak. Lu is putting up a great fight.

I don't know who to cheer for anymore :mellow:

Anybody else following the Roddick/Lu match?

They are in the 5th set, on serve still and the previous 3 sets went to tiebreak. Lu is putting up a great fight.

I don't know who to cheer for anymore :mellow:

I watched it! :) LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU lol

• Upvote 1