The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Ugh, break to start the second for Murray. He's in position to take this set now if he can stay on serve.

HMM...

EDIT: Del Potro breaks back in the deuce! Amazing! His return at 30-30... Omg just unreal.

Edited by luineul

Murray takes the 2nd convincingly with strong play in the tiebreak, 7-3.

This is going to take another set to finish!

EDIT - Del Potro got broken in his first game in the 3rd. It looks like he might be finished here - he's gassed. :(

Edited by luineul

Dang, Del Potro loses the third set 6-1, and consequently the match.

Ah well, he made a great showing, beating both Nadal and Roddick. Apparently he still has to work on his conditioning - or take the match when he can. He probably could've done more to prevent losing the 2nd set in the tie break.

Congrats to Murray! He outlasted Del Potro and won it all! The first Brit (though he's really a Scot) to win the tournament formally known as the Canadian Open!

• 3 weeks later...

Woo I went to the quarterfinals of the Rogers Cup and saw Roddick, Del Potro, Djokovic and Nadal live.

US Open is into the 3rd round.

Taylor Dent and Navarro probably just played what will be the best match of the tournament. I only watched the 5th set cause I didn't know it was going on but it was some good crap.

5 setter, great serving, great points... Intense. It ended in the tie break.

God, I've had to miss all of it so far.

Just turned it on to see Nadal win his match vs Almagro. Beautiful match winning shot for him.

Geesh, I'm so out of the loop with tennis now that my Mom's passed away....she used to keep me posted on things. I've got to get back into it because I love it.

God, I've had to miss all of it so far.

Just turned it on to see Nadal win his match vs Almagro. Beautiful match winning shot for him.

Geesh, I'm so out of the loop with tennis now that my Mom's passed away....she used to keep me posted on things. I've got to get back into it because I love it.

:( Sorry to hear about your mom,Deb.

I never really follow Tennis that much but Nadal is a god in Tennis.

:( Sorry to hear about your mom,Deb.

I never really follow Tennis that much but Nadal is a god in Tennis.

Thanks my friend. :)

I've watched tennis for years - Agassi was always my favorite. Then Nadal (Andre was his favourite as well), but I think I like Federer just a bit more now. I find him quite personable/humble despite reports disputing that.

Thanks my friend. :)

I've watched tennis for years - Agassi was always my favorite. Then Nadal (Andre was his favourite as well), but I think I like Federer just a bit more now. I find him quite personable/humble despite reports disputing that.

:)

I like Nadal way more than Federer cause Nadal is easier to say. :lol:

Well an update on the Ladies side

17 y/o Oudin took out Dementieva and Sharapova to advance. They were pretty good matches to watch and underdog fight so keep your eyes out - she's taking on Petrova next.

Edited by Rowina