The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

Guest Voucer

Transformers 3: 7.5/10

Some minor complaints:

I would have preferred more one-on-one battles throughout the film. I thought the final battle between Sentinel and Optimus should have been the primary focus of the film's finale. Megatron was just pathetic in the film, as well, not to mention many of the characters would suddenly overpower one another unexpectedly.

There were too many robots flailing around in the final half-hour, and it all became a huge blur of metal parts flying around the screen after a while.

In terms of the plot, more focus should have been spent on the relationship between Optimus and Sentinel if they wanted the final battle to have a stronger impact. Overall, the script was poor. I'm glad they decided to focus on the action rather than the comedy this time, though. I just don't think it was executed well. I realize we're paying to see a robots crush each other, but the final battle could have been structured differently to avoid monotony. It was a long, long battle.

And the outcome of every encounter was always too predictable: i.e. the "last-second heroics" when both Bumblebee and Optimus were about to be killed.

Transformers 3 - 6/10

The plot was pretty good, but there was about an hour of mindless action that I really didn't want to see. The first 90 minutes was good (7.5/10), but the last hour ruined it. Michael Bay just can't resist ruining his movies with absurd CGI action scenes. It was far better than the first and second films, though, because this one actually had a coherent plot.

Green Lantern

1 wet fart out of 10.

What a terrible POS this was. Visually it was ok but that's where the semi-praise ends. So much potential for a good movie; the stories are literally written for them. Martin Campbell basically wiped his arse, painted it green and filmed it for 2 hours.

Archived